90 Day Report needed if leaving country on Day 90?

I could not find weather this question might have been addressed in the past.

I understand that if one leaves the country before the due date of their next 90-day report, that upon return the 90-day clock resets, and that a 90-day report would not need to be filed.

So it seems clear that if one left the country on day 88 or 89 of their current stay, they would be OK with not having done the 90-day report prior to leaving.

What if you are leaving the country on exactly day 90 of the current stay? Anyone know how that is treated? Necessary to do the report before leaving? 

No one cares about 90 day reporting at the airport (departure immigration).

And there are no reports that someone has been fined at next visit to immigration office (after returning to Thailand).

In your case I would not care about.

There have a been a couple of similar questions of people leaving after due date for reporting.

I haven't read anyone being fined later.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rwilem said:

What if you are leaving the country on exactly day 90 of the current stay?

Your report would not be due it you left on the day the report is due. You would not of spent more than 90 days in the country since your last report.

• Thanks 2

Thank you, guys. Just what I wanted to hear. Save the hassle of having to take care of that beforehand. 

Attempting to extrapolate the timing of the the 90 days, and factoring in that online reporting means your 90 day reports can become, in essence, a series of 75 to 82 or 83 day reports (because of the 15/8 window to submit them online), it does get a little tricky planning things.

Thanks again.

Edited by rwilem

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your report would not be due it you left on the day the report is due. You would not of spent more than 90 days in the country since your last report.

I am a little concerned as I am leaving on day 92. wondering if I should play save or not.

Especially with new changes coming in soon this year

11 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

I am a little concerned as I am leaving on day 92. wondering if I should play save or not.

The only risk of leaving on the 92nd day without doing the report is if you local office notices you failed to do the report before leaving when you do your first one after returning from your trip.

11 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

What changes? I think you may be believing the baseless rumors that are always floating around.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The only risk of leaving on the 92 day without doing the report is if you local office notices you failed to do the report before leaving when you do your first one after returning from your trip.

What changes? I think you may be believing the baseless rumors that are always floating around.

Re Rumours AS i no longer can get my embassy letter along with the Rapid loss of my Dollar in Thai baht  I will be affected as I no longer qualify for a retirement Visa so to quote you the baseless rumours, are not really baseless whilst I respect your input and accuracy in the Past. Times are a changing and Rumours or not I am Concerned 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Re Rumours AS i no longer can get my embassy letter along with the Rapid loss of my Dollar in Thai baht  I will be affected as I no longer qualify for a retirement Visa so to quote you the baseless rumours, are not really baseless whilst I respect your input and accuracy in the Past. Times are a changing and Rumours or not I am Concerned 

That has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

Not having a income letter, affidavit or statutory declaration is going to affect many people including myself since I am outside the 6 month validity of one. But if the info put out by the US embassy is correct I will not have a problem since my income is already going into my Thai bank account (for almost 7 years now) and is well above the 40k baht I need to apply for my extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

No changes, not even rumors of changes, regarding the 90 day report. If you're concerned, then do the 90 day report.

As stated earlier, the only unlikely consequence would arise when you do the next 90 day report if it's noticed that you hadn't done the one for the 92 day stay. Small fine at most and on your way.

• Like 1