Airport Surcharge

VegasVic

Does anyone have knowledge of a fee that is charged at the airport upon leaving thailand that must be paid in baht notes. I was going to cash in all my notes before leaving next week, but I remembered this topic coming up on thaivisa at sometime in the past and was wondering if this fee is still being charged? Thanks for any input regarding this matter.

Does anyone have knowledge of a fee that is charged at the airport upon leaving thailand that must be paid in baht notes. I was going to cash in all my notes before leaving next week, but I remembered this topic coming up on thaivisa at sometime in the past and was wondering if this fee is still being charged? Thanks for any input regarding this matter.

The answer to your question is on the Thai Visa home page ie: thaivisa.com

The fee that you mentioned would be the airport departure tax of bht 500 per passenger. As of Feb. 01, 2007, the tax is included in your air tickets. So if you book and had paid your fare prior to that date, then you may have to pay that at the airport. You can actually note the difference in total paid, airfare cost add so and so, and so and so. Simpler, call the airline and enquire whether the departure tax is included in the airfare, so that you would feel at ease.

You can change your Thai baht after proceeding through the airport-service charge point and immigration. Plus it is always useful to have some spare lolly for snacks, drinks and reading matter, departure side.

As the above poster's have mentioned it depends on when you purchased your ticket.

The fee that you mentioned would be the airport departure tax of bht 500 per passenger. As of Feb. 01, 2007, the tax is included in your air tickets. So if you book and had paid your fare prior to that date, then you may have to pay that at the airport. You can actually note the difference in total paid, airfare cost add so and so, and so and so. Simpler, call the airline and enquire whether the departure tax is included in the airfare, so that you would feel at ease.

...and it's 700 baht now

...and it's 700 baht now

Beat me to it.

That, plus a drink or snack - you should always keep 1,000 baht in your pocket. There is also a charity box for Save the Children in the departure area, so toss the balance in there before you leave.

...and it's 700 baht now

Thanks for everyones input! It sounds like my wife and I should have 800-900bt/ea on us as we leave.