Has The Tv Forum Ever Gotten You In Trouble?

garro

I have spent most of the day reading/posting on this forum.

I am meant to be writing an essay and making lesson plans.

This place is too addictive.

The whole of Thailand is outside my door and I am spending my time staring at the computer.

My wife is giving me dirty looks and knows that I am not doing anything productive.

Has Thai Visa got any of you lot in trouble before?

I use the forum daily whilst at work..

everytime i refresh the pages i create flags on the proxy server from the asiafriendfinder banners.. which has been noticed by the system guy....

naturally i explain that i comment and watch the I.T. forum - being a network guy and therefore Thaivisa is work related. :o

It's addictive indeed. Do we need to start a support group?
Maybe another sub-forum in the Health section to keep the 'Help, I'm Too Fat' guys company . . . . .

I don't think another web forum would be a good idea for me at this point :o

The whole of Thailand is outside my door and I am spending my time staring at the computer.

My wife is giving me dirty looks and knows that I am not doing anything productive.

Ditto, G. I'm up to my ears in boring translations (which I must do to live) and this forum is an easy escape. It might be better if I had a wife to give me dirty looks. Sh*t! Is that the time, must press on.

P.S. Check out my whinge thread, I'm so down, I want the world to know. :o

Edited by qwertz

Check out the post counts for some members. I know several that work full time without an internet connection at home and are still in the multiple thousand post tally...oops, stones and glass houses and all that :o

I'm another addict. I don't get into trouble for it, but I should be doing other things (like updating our website or doing info sheets etc) instead of spending most of my computer time on here. I actually did try to cut down but found it far harder than stopping drinking. :o

I think some of the things on TV have saved me from making a few mistakes, I might have been saved a few more had TV been around when I first went to Thailand.

Even an old hand could learn some street smarts from this meeting of minds.

yep, there are old threads about this, but there were too many other interesting drivvle for us to spend our time on, so the threads dissapeared into the back pages somewhere.

I'm fairly new to TV but it sure beats the hel_l out of watching a "Neighbours" like soap on tele that you only half understand anyway.

I'm sure I'll get in trouble in the next few weeks for "neglecting to do my household chores"

But who gives a rats??

Soundman.

G you need to start a consultation forum based on someone Addicted to Thaivisa.com lol . ''Is there a doctor in the house'' :o

Should we use a 12 step format?

One thread at a time?

'Hi, my name is Garro and I'm addicted to posting s**t on the internet' :D

I'm fairly new to TV but it sure beats the hel_l out of watching a "Neighbours" like soap on tele that you only half understand anyway.

I'm sure I'll get in trouble in the next few weeks for "neglecting to do my household chores"

But who gives a rats??

Soundman.

Thats the spirit Soundman. I look foward to meeting you at FA (Forums Anonymous) :o

QUOTE(GuestHouse @ 2007-02-21 19:53:57)

I think some of the things on TV have saved me from making a few mistakes, I might have been saved a few more had TV been around when I first went to Thailand.

Even an old hand could learn some street smarts from this meeting of minds.

I agree entirely and will give an example.

When my wife and I decided to buy some land from a bank in Thailand I asked around on TV and was contacted by Thetyim (now banned!!). He gave me a blow by blow account of his previous experience of buying through the bank and followed that up with timely advice as we went through the process.

His advice saved us a heap of problems, and probably a bit of money too. Importantly I was made aware of the pitfalls.

Now the thing to understand is that while I already had many years of experience in Thailand and speak/read/write Thai the fact was I was moving into something I had no previous experience with. This is where open discussion is a huge benefit, not just to me, to anyone who is new to Thailand or, as I illustrate, even old hands moving outside their area of experience.

We should keep that in mind when the response to a question addresses the question in broad terms. The response might not apply entirely to the person asking the question, but may apply to the many people who read topics.

We should also keep in mind the importance of hearing two sides of the view where it is honestly given.

The best part of TV is the wealth of information that is freely and generously given.

Edited by GuestHouse

G you need to start a consultation forum based on someone Addicted to Thaivisa.com lol . ''Is there a doctor in the house'' :o

One thread at a time?

You do yourself an injustice, G. It's not ALL sh*t. Enjoy the rice?

G you need to start a consultation forum based on someone Addicted to Thaivisa.com lol . ''Is there a doctor in the house'' :D

One thread at a time?

All the way to step twelve;

Mrs Garro has left me, good timing really because I just need to post one more topic......

:o

Edited by Robski

But who gives a rats??

Soundman.

Thats the spirit Soundman. I look foward to meeting you at FA (Forums Anonymous) :o

Good. Very Good... Will you sponsor me?? Please???

S.

Mods - could ban people for their own good. :o

Very True Brit......I would imagine that about 10% of the time I spend on TV is useful....but I hardly ever go to Bedlam...now that IS a complete waste of time.

Just inanne chatter from people with nothing better to do (and Yes I know some of my TV Mates go there...but...why???) There is probably one decent thread in 20 or so. Just my opionion of course. They probably dont spend as long as I do on the Football Forum.

Guesthouse mentioned "Thetyme" a nicer guy on TV you could never meet, a real gentleman with heaps of good advice to offer. I would love to see him re-instated...Can banned people be re-instated if there is a good argument for them to be so.?

If I got banned I would have an extra 2 hours a day added to my life :D

Mods - could ban people for their own good. :o

Good idea or better still, how about doing something similar to what they did in Thailand a few years back when they wanted to stop kids from playing computer games too much. They created a new game where you needed a password to play and only allowed you on for two hours a day.

Anyway I am determined to be more productive today and spend less time on TV. I'll pop back in five minutes :D

Have you tried Golf ?

I'm still sexually active, so no. Not yet...... :D

I'm supposed to be preparing a presentation for this afternoon, so I shouldn't really be posting, but what the heck.

TV has been a very tangible help in matters of real life; finance; property topics; actual visa business, and the like. Wonder what I did before joining now..? :o

I like the general topics for a larf. yuck yuck. :D