Pattaya Burial?

Wuvu2

A Catholic friend is near death in Pattaya and wishes to be buried not cremated. He and his wife are broke so lowest possible cost is important. 

Does anyone have leads on cemeteries in Pattaya that accept foreigners and approx costs? 

There are none!

You could go and ask at the Father Ray Orphanage (Catholic) but you will be told the same.

I was as a close friend of theirs offered a burial plot at Rayong in one of their churches, (normally only for priests and brothers etc, 10 years ago for 80,000 baht).

I think you will not get a burial plot.

Best Paul 

On 1/12/2019 at 10:02 PM, JohnC said:

It might be worth approaching St Nicholas Church, I was informed some years ago that they own the cemetery and is reserved for church members. So as your friend is Catholic it might be worth approaching them

You are quite right, but unfortunately the Thai Bishop responsible for the Chonburi area will not allow non ordained to be buried in the Chonburi cemeteries. I was offered a place though in Rayong, if I paid whilst alive.  I note others have suggested prices etc, but that is for cremations. 

I suggest as I said to go and see the Father or the Bishop at the Father Ray Orphanage who also are part of the St Nicholas Church.

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not the price I quoted. That’s for a plot but you would have to make your own arrangements for prepping it as well. It’s not for cremation

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well you did not say that, but 80k is about right for a burial plot, but like I said the Thai Bishop responsible for Chonburi region, explicitly states no foreigners, I worked for the Catholic Church here in Pattaya a few years ago, I was ill and asked about this and was told as an exception I could have a burial plot paying in advance but only in Rayong or further away. Like as previously mentioned, go and speak to the Bishop or Fathers at St Nicholas Church. Best wishes.

Ok so if chonburi won’t be possible then Bangkok is an option. The British council is involved with the Bangkok one although it is a Protestant cemetery and not a catholic one. Don’t know if that makes a big difference for the person in question

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived