Residence Certificate Chonburi

Went to get residence certificate today at Jomtien had to pay 600 baht for 2 certificates,I told lady I only required 1 and copy would be accepted for the second one for driving license she said no you need 2 certificates and refused to give me a receipt for the money paid.Just to let other members know that this is still happening.????????

Yeah fantastic that this scam are allowed still. I mean a free service, and no one in "modern" Thailand reacts to is..... This new big boss that has been appointed. Is he doing anything more than create new stuff for people??

glegolo

Personally, I think we should lay-low on these actual "tea money" bits, so that these certificates continue to be available easily. 

It's the massive rip-off agent fee - when one legitimately qualifies for an extension but gets the run-around for "extra requirements" by their local office - which is the problem to be concerned with.

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Personally, I think we should lay-low on these actual "tea money" bits, so that these certificates continue to be available easily. 

It's the massive rip-off agent fee - when one legitimately qualifies for an extension but gets the run-around for "extra requirements" by their local office - which is the problem to be concerned with.

In nearly 10 years I have never been asked for any extra fee for my extension. I always pay the official price only (1900B) and have always received my extension within 24 hours. That service could not be improved as far as I'm concerned.

I dont need residence certificates often (basically just one every 5 years for my driving licence), but each time there is the hassle of being expected to pay a bribe for it. This pisses me off a lot.

I think its good that we can pay for "quick" service...yes its supposed to be free...if you want go come back in 3 weeks to collect it ! (Or sent off instead to your Embassy who'll charge a whole lot more) 300 baht and 20 mins wait is not too bad
(obviously free in 20 mins would be better)

Chonburi DLT will accept 1 original and 1 photocopy if you apply at the same time.
Same for medical certificate.

The "residence certificate" doesn't state a "purpose" of issue just your details....so its the same letter for driving licence or opening a bank account or buying/selling a vehicle etc etc.

Another good thing about the "quick service" is you can check for mistakes there and then...my last certificate was wrong not once but twice (3rd time lucky)

Imagine if i'd waited 3 weeks to get x 2 I might have got a bit "upset" [emoji35]