Warning Stamp on Tourist Visa from Vientiane. Advice needed!

At the end of December (2018) I obtained my 4th SE Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Vientiane,  only to notice that there was a warning stamp on the visa saying "Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future") 

I have two questions regarding this:

1: will getting a new passport help, or do the consulate or immigration keep this on record?

2: With this warning stamp, once my current visa expires, would i be able to do a border run, or would immigration notice the warning stamp on my Visa and refuse me a visa exempt if i were to do a border run? 

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Yes getting a new passport would eliminate the history of visa applications. The embassy does not keep records of the visas. Immigration would only see the entries from your tourist visas.

2. Immigration would not look for or pay any attention to that stamp. No problem to do a border run.

Thank You, ubonjoe. 

1. Yes. They only seem to go by a count of the visas they see in your passport.

2. Immigration may notice the stamp, but I’ve never heard of anyone being denied a visa exempt entry because of the stamp. Immigration are interested in the number of visa exempt entries and or time spent in the country as a tourist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

2: With this warning stamp, once my current visa expires, would i be able to do a border run, or would immigration notice the warning stamp on my Visa and refuse me a visa exempt if i were to do a border run? 

Given your history, I would be careful where you do the border-run - regardless of the "remark" stamp on your last tourist-visa. 

Don't use Poipet/Aranya land-border, but any other land-border should be OK.  I would also not fly back to Bangkok (either airport) or Phuket, Krabi, etc.  Chang Mai airport should likely be OK, but better still to use a safe land-border. 

Be sure to have 20K baht worth of cash or travelers checks to show if asked, when returning.

• Like 2