Thailand's a financial winner as free Visa on Arrival extended to end of April

webfact

9 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

Agreed. Phuket is slammed with tourists too. I have no idea what these folks on Thai visa are talking about. No tourists? Are you kidding me? You have to wonder if some of the people that leave comments on Thai visa ever go outside.

I suppose most people who live here don't spend time hanging out at airport immigration when hoard loads of Chinese tourists have all landed at the same time 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, CARLO BALDASSARRE said:

You in marriage visa ok
But you on retirement visa no wife an old ...why you stay here...hugh ...????

Sent from my CPH1725 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Because the poor luvvies are frightened. They spend their lives being frightened of foreigners, and that's why they try to assert themselves with pointless rules and a xenophobia that most of the rest of the world turned it's back on a long time ago.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Meaning that each of these one million visitors spent on average 6,000 baht during their entire stay, a figure that Western tourists might well be expected to spend every day. 

So there is a chance these numbers are real....but the credibility history of those in charge of tourism is such that the numbers remain suspect.

I'm pretty sure this is aimed at the Chinese , Indians and other neighbouring nations who are rather close and flights are relatively cheap and VOA price is a deterrent . Someone who is coming from Europe and pays 600-700 euros on a flight ticket doesn't give a shit about 20 euros. But for the Chinese that pays 100-200 euros or for the Indian that pays 50 ... 20 might seem a real annoyance.

So they pretty much know what they're doing. And I'm pretty sure the majority of money they make from tourism is not from Europe anyway.

This visa on arrival is only inspiring for Chinese on package tours , because they can save 2000 baht , which is a small fortune in China. Will not help the Thai economy. 

Archived