Need to get a pair of trainers mended in either Koh Tao, Krabi, Phuket, Phi Phi or Bangkok in the next 3-4 weeks

BigWillyBurns

I'll be visiting these places roughly in that order in the next 3-4 weeks and need a shoe repair guy who can also fix soles on trainers too  

I've very fussy feet and I know these trainers work with them, they also cost me 200 euros so I'd rather fix them than replace with a new pair

Does anyone have recommendations for places that can do this in either Koh Tao, Krabi, Phuket, Phi Phi or Bangkok? In that order if you can as I'm in Tao now and - as beautiful as it is - I don't think there's a shoe repair business here

If the people in the shop can speak good English so I can fully explain what I need done it'd be great too

Thanks 

I wouldn't imagine that technical / high performance kicks would be repairable given the construction methods and materials. Personally, I would bite the bullet and go with something new. Ive never found it difficult to get exactly what I want in BKK, whether its technical or lifestyle. Let us know if you find someone though GL.

My usual places are Central World in Chit Lom at the Supersport. They carry a good line of the usual names....or Siam Discovery have Nike, Adidas, Vans, Converse and Onitsuka Tiger stores. Or MBK if your looking for Reebok, New Balance etc

My chap in Kamala works for a number of people on the Hash and is very good at getting a few more months out of a pair of shoes.

if you get to Phuket and into Kamala he has a little booth next to the Honda Garage in the center of town, approx 100m south of Tesco Lotus on the same side of the road.

I won't comment about Bangkok, as above, as its completely irrelevant to your query!

6 hours ago, BigWillyBurns said:

On the what? ????

Has he got a Facebook page for the business?

Thanks

Hash House Harriers- running and drinking clubs around the world. 

No, he does not have a 'Facebook page' he's a one man band in a bamboo sala with tubs of glue, awls and other shoe repair kit. he also does not have coffee and internet access.

You're not in Kansas now Toto! ????

4 hours ago, Kinnock said:

If in Bangkok, go to Ploenchit BTS (Skytrain) station - go down to street level, under the station on Holiday Inn side, small team of shoe repairers.  

There 5 days a week, not normally at weekends.

He is  NOT asking about Bangkok!!! Why can people not read posts properly? ????

11 hours ago, macahoom said:

Priceless!

I think it's you who needs to read his post properly!

Priceless- maybe when you get a few posts under your belt you will make an occasional error as well. ????

Unfortunately there seems to be a time limit on the editing facility so i can't put things right.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:03 AM, Psimbo said:

My chap in Kamala works for a number of people on the Hash and is very good at getting a few more months out of a pair of shoes.

if you get to Phuket and into Kamala he has a little booth next to the Honda Garage in the center of town, approx 100m south of Tesco Lotus on the same side of the road.

I won't comment about Bangkok, as above, as its completely irrelevant to your query!

Hey Psimbo

Thanks for your very detailed description of where he is. Never would have found it otherwise ad I actually walked past it and then spotted a shoe last in the gloom inside.

Very pleasant obliging guy, dropped wife's shoes off and we picked them up the next day and B120 which no doubt is a Farang price but good value to us.

Archived