TrueVision and TrueID on Android box /Smart TV?

DUS

Hi,

I’ve got a question regarding using TrueID as a “non-subscriber”...

In my condo I am currently bound to use 3BB as my ISP. I cannot add TrueVision with an additional box since, as I was told, there’s only one cable running to my condo and they couldn’t run True via the same cable (at the same time). Now, my question is: if my girlfriend had True installed at her flat, could I use her user ID / log-in details to watch True on my TV via internet using TrueID or via the web browser on my SmartTV? 

Thank you!

DUS

43 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

yes you can, you can download the app from playstore

Thank you!

Do you happen to know if using the TrueID app will allow to watch all the channels that are covered by the “main subscription” (the package) or if there are limitations on which channels I can watch via the app? For various reasons I am mainly interested in the TrueSports channels (for which I would consider to subscribe to the Sports/Fam package. 

No idea, I don't use it myself as I have an IPTV subscription that covers everything.

I tried it out with only my True phone number as ID, and I believe even then I had access to those channels but only for a limited time.

If you have a true visions ID I guess you have access to the whole package.

My internet provider is 3bb, so you don't need a true internet connection.

Just tried it out again and the Bein sports and true sports channels are there, but you only can play them if you have a true visions id.

To be honest the app is very user unfriendly since it is designed for touch screen, so you need an air mouse.

Better off with iptv imo

Thank you, Jan! 

I have IPTV for all the European and other channels but want to watch the Thai Football league as well when it starts again next month. 

Have installed the TrueID app on my android box and the streaming quality of the “free to air” channels is decent enough to watch on the large screen. Now that the “technical side” of my question has been answered I now have to think a bit longer whether or not to pay 590 Baht a month for the sports package.

Again, thanks for your feedback above. That’s much appreciated!

DUS

9 minutes ago, DUS said:

Thank you, Jan! 

I have IPTV for all the European and other channels but want to watch the Thai Football league as well when it starts again next month. 

Have installed the TrueID app on my android box and the streaming quality of the “free to air” channels is decent enough to watch on the large screen. Now that the “technical side” of my question has been answered I now have to think a bit longer whether or not to pay 590 Baht a month for the sports package.

Again, thanks for your feedback above. That’s much appreciated!

DUS

it's my understanding you can not watch True if your GF is watching at the same time, better check

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it's my understanding you can not watch True if your GF is watching at the same time, better check

Fair point and I would expect you to be correct. I do expect the same but since she never watches TV at home this shouldn’t be an issue. But yes, valid comment!

Archived