Prince Narusean 2 - The Sequel

Hi,

I went to see the first one when it came out, thought it was OK (despite it having no subtitles and ending before any fighting occurred).

Last weekend I saw the second one (with subtitles).

Very entertaining and highly recommended.

There was some fighting, pretty ladies on horses (they fought a bit too) and followed by more fighting... all interwoven around a good story.

The final speech made by the elder sister made all the Thais bleary eyed with pride and set up the final movie - which should be a corker too.

:o

"The Legend of King Naresuan 2 - Declaration of Independence" is excellent. Certainly different than epsiode 1, which I thought was wonderful, with new and grown-up characters and a lot more action. I like to call it "Star Wars meets The Godfather in old Siam".

It's going to be a long wait for Episode 3, due to be released on the King's birthday, 5 December 2007. The final battle is quite massive and unique (one on one combat) so should be very patriotic.

Just saw part 2 today, didn't realize part 1 didn't have subtitles. I was able to follow the first one for the most part since my Thai is Ok. The second part was much better. I actually found myself listening to The Thai rather than the subtitles. There was a bit of difference as the subtitles were a basic translation. Quite an impressive production from Sahamongkol Films. Some of the scenery was spectacular. Don't want to say too much aboput the movie for all of the members that might go to see it.

LL

There are, and were, many, many prints of Episode 1 with English subtitles. Most of the major chains in Bangkok are still showing Ep. 1 with Eng. subs.

Ep. 2 came out for a few days without Eng. subs as they were still trying to organize the release. I think it was released on Thursday, 15 Feb., and theatres had prints with Eng. subs by 18 Feb.

AFAIK this is the most expensive Thai film production ever, but of course it is three films, so I'm not sure how it fits in the rankings?