"Jealous" Thai husband shoots five of his wife's family dead and flees

webfact

"Jealous" Thai husband shoots five of his wife's family dead and flees

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The hunt is on in Uttaradit in northern Thailand for a Thai husband who shot his wife and four of her family in a shooting rampage at the weekend. 

There were two crime scenes. The shooter is believed to be a man called Theeraphon, aged 37. 

At one house in Phayamaen sub-district of Phichai district police found three people shot. They were Theeraphon's mother in law and father in law Wirat and Nampheung. His wife Kanyarat was also shot dead there.

At a nearby house were both the elder sister and younger sister of Theeraphon's mother in law - Nampha and Kanokwan. They too had been shot dead. 

Acting police chief Pol Maj-Gen Payoo Thanasriseubwong ordered checkpoints to be set up in the area after Theeraphon fled in a white Toyota Camry. He is still believed to be in Phichai district.

Pratchaya told Sanook that the shooter had been living with Kanyarat for some considerable time. But recently there had been many arguments and divorce was in the air. 

The husband was convinced of his wife's infidelity but despite his jealousy there was no truth in it. 

On this occasion he clearly "lost it" shooting the sisters first then moving onto the wife and her parents. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-14

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

But recently there had been many arguments and (divorce) was in the air. 

Replace 'divorce' with 'loss of face' !

Another horrendous act by a Thai bloke unable to handle his emotions.

A tragedy for all her family.

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

male insecurity, world wide phenomenon..

male insecurity,mainly Thailand wide phenomenon.......:whistling:

What a sad sickening male this guy must be...beggars belief what satisfaction he can get out of this...hand him over to the in-laws when he,s caught.

RIP to the innocent victims :jap:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The husband was convinced of his wife's infidelity but despite his jealousy there was no truth in it. 

He just shot everyone, how could they know she was faithful?

This killing the woman's family is getting totally out of hand here now, I can understand someone killing their lover, but going after all her relatives seems 'excessive'.

56 minutes ago, petermik said:

male insecurity,mainly Thailand wide phenomenon.......:whistling:

What a sad sickening male this guy must be...beggars belief what satisfaction he can get out of this...hand him over to the in-laws when he,s caught.

RIP to the innocent victims :jap:

Male insecurity is a mainly Thai attribute? Doesn't take much of a computer search to disprove that statement.

59 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

There maybe a lot of “insecurity” among males, but in most countries they don’t resort to murdering . Loss of face is meaningless to the majority of males outside of asian bubble!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, have to disagree. Western news carries similar stories frequently of violence/murder attributed to  "crimes of passion",  jealousy and being spurned the leading causes.   

21 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:
1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

There maybe a lot of “insecurity” among males, but in most countries they don’t resort to murdering . Loss of face is meaningless to the majority of males outside of asian bubble!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, have to disagree. Western news carries similar stories frequently of violence/murder attributed to  "crimes of passion",  jealousy and being spurned the leading causes.   

true and brazil is a leading culprit . https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/07/world/americas/domestic-abuse-shown-blow-by-blow-shocks-brazil.html

still does not mitigate what happens in thailand.

killing the whole family is something the most violent drug cartels have done.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Replace 'divorce' with 'loss of face' !

Another horrendous act by a Thai bloke unable to handle his emotions.

A tragedy for all her family.

No... of course it doesn't happen any more here than in the rest of the world... :whistling:

Only another one pretty much every couple days in the news, somewhere or another here....

Again and again and again....

21 minutes ago, madmen said:
3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:
male insecurity, world wide phenomenon..

The world wide figures for spouse murder is staggering. Thailand just another piece of the big puzzle

I don't know whether some of you have reading comprehension problems, but this story is about obliterating, practically, a whole family, not just 'spouse murder'. In my 45 years in the UK, before moving here, I cannot recall reading about any similar incident there during that time. 

11 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I don't know whether some of you have reading comprehension problems, but this story is about obliterating, practically, a whole family, not just 'spouse murder'. In my 45 years in the UK, before moving here, I cannot recall reading about any similar incident there during that time. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/anatomy-of-family-murder-killing-spree-home-invasion-a7639966.html

very common world wide if you don't have a 'searching online' issue 

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/anatomy-of-family-murder-killing-spree-home-invasion-a7639966.html

very common world wide if you don't have a 'searching online' issue 

That happened in the 1980s,  was headline news for ages......also, it should be made clear the motive in that case was entirely financial. Totally different to the case being discussed here.

Any family wipeout crimes are national headline news in the UK and I can say they don't happen that often. Last one I can recall was around 8-10 years ago though I may be wrong (that case - multi-millionaire racked up debts, couldn't live with failure and burned home down). Point is, they are rare. 

Not doubting you have some point - plenty of spousal and other types murders in any country. London recorded 100+ murders last year (largely street/gang violence) . But wiping out the entire family due to jealousy issues - judging by the number of stories that appear on TV, Thailand seems to have some issues in that respect.   

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

He just shot everyone, how could they know she was faithful?

This killing the woman's family is getting totally out of hand here now, I can understand someone killing their lover, but going after all her relatives seems 'excessive'.

Unless they were complicit in knowing something which was enough of an excuse for him to murder them all !

3 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

This is the LOS, so smile, just smile and have a happy Monday.

Good, we all should view this thread as very positive and praise the Thais for their "jai yen", and their wonderful family values. Wait I almost forgot the peaceful Buddha religion.

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45254320

latest big news one in the U.S.,  as stated above quite common world wide.

Yes, you get your "un point", but the US pooh you refer to happened in August last year. In Thailand it's a weekly event, even though the population is more than five times less than the US. Do the maths!

Archived