Teeth Whitening

foremost

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone could help me fin a place in Bangkok to get my teeth whitened. I've looked around on the net and found that 7,000 baht was the cheapest (this is including a cleaning) Well i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that does it cheaper..Ok thanx

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone could help me fin a place in Bangkok to get my teeth whitened. I've looked around on the net and found that 7,000 baht was the cheapest (this is including a cleaning) Well i was wondering if anyone knew of a place that does it cheaper..Ok thanx

I think you'll find there are lots of places that do normal tooth whitening (you take home the bleach and trays and use them at night over a period of time), but there is just one hospital advertising laser tooth whitening. The laser system is faster.

Faster and more expensive.

Boots sell a teeth whitening kit for about 500 baht. I think it takes a couple of days to see an effect.

Bangkok-Pattaya hospital advertise laser tooth whitening for about 20,000 baht done in about half an hour.

You judge what is the best solution for you.

I went and had a chipped tooth repaired and had my teeth cleaned for 1800 Baht. My teeth were much whiter after the cleaning.

This was on the 4th four of Siam Center

They advertise bleaching for 8,000. Laser whitening is 12,000. I have heard that laser whitening can weaken the enamel. Anyone know about this?

The whitening kits in the stores works OK. Not sure how much the laser treatment will improve this effect.

The best home bleaching systems use a moldable tray system that contains mouthpieces which you can actually fit to your mouth. You mold them by soaking them for a few seconds in warm water, then you press the plastic up (or down) against your teeth and gums. When the plastic cools you have a nice soft plastic mouthpiece that is fitted to the curves of your particular smile.

MBK home bleaching system was around 7000 baht

Hey guys, thanks for all the info...can't wait to show off my pearly whites! :o

If I were you, I'd be careful about the do-it-yourself deals. The bleach can burn or irritate your gums. As explained to me by a relative who is a dentist, and also by my dentist in Bangkok, you may first need to have old fillings re-done to avoid bleach getting inside them. In the worst case, you can end up with chronic sensitivity if you already have erosion of the gums. It's essential that the gum trays fit perfectly. Also, I was told the effect only lasts around 2 years (I assume this means if you continue drinking coffee/tea and/or smoking).

While I was researching this recently I came across this URL which has a lot of useful info: http://www.mosmandentist.com.au/more-info-...ning/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

just a(nother) price info:

laser bleaching at KASEMRAD PRACHACHUEN HOSPITAL North BKK:

was told to pay Bht 12.000,00

ended up (after cleaning 1 hour pain Bht 600,00 and laser bleaching 1 hour no pain at all Bht 12.000,00) with the result of Bht 16,158 in total as I had to take that gum stuff with me (which was charged extra and NOT told about in the beginning).

result: well, i do not see any difference from b4 (rem: I do NOT smoke, never did) but some of my friends say YES there is "some" difference" ...

all in all: maybe it was a bit of waste of money as in fact bleaching won't last a lifetime...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have any porcelain-type fillings, it may be necessary to replace them after the whitening, to color match your "new" natural tooth color.

If your in the "Senior Citizen" category, extremely white teeth tend to give the impression you wear dentures (false teeth). It is natural to expect some "darkening" of the teeth, as one ages.

As some have stated, best to discuss the whole proceedure with your dentist.