Fine Dining On Koh Phangan?

If by "Fine Dining" you mean something above the average cuisine & quality, I would recommend Menu restaurant, about the closest I've been to a five-star Western restaurant in Koh Pha-Ngan. Menu is well-hidden just past Wok Tum, on the west coast about 3Km from Thongsala.

For the tastiest Thai food, I would recommend lunchtime at the small establishment next to Numpanit, near Thongsala's post office. The pad se ew today was delicious, and so is their kao mok kai (yellow rice with chicken).

jose '-)

The World's End restaurant in Chaloklum (opposite the pier). International cuisine, San Francisco chef, small, cozy, reasonably priced, large portions...

If by "Fine Dining" you mean something above the average cuisine & quality, I would recommend Menu restaurant, about the closest I've been to a five-star Western restaurant in Koh Pha-Ngan. Menu is well-hidden just past Wok Tum, on the west coast about 3Km from Thongsala.

For the tastiest Thai food, I would recommend lunchtime at the small establishment next to Numpanit, near Thongsala's post office. The pad se ew today was delicious, and so is their kao mok kai (yellow rice with chicken).

jose '-)

The World's End restaurant in Chaloklum (opposite the pier). International cuisine, San Francisco chef, small, cozy, reasonably priced, large portions...

jose '-)

i was at men'u on kpg twice over christmas and i must say the food was excellent. delicious, weel prepared, good attention to detail etc.

v good wines with a reasonable mark up, mostly sourced through wine connection

one caveat though, the two of us who had the spek risotto on New Years Eve got very ill around 3:30. to vaty degrees, i was crippled for hours my friend was "inconvenienced"

I say this not to scare you off, because i believe the incident is likely isolated. the attention to detail, flavours and care expended in preparing our meals suggests that this is not a kitchen that lets details like hygeine slide. I would venture the problem comes more from the supply chain specialty items must survive before arriving on the island. nor was there any indicator while we were eating the meal that something was amiss.

many friends have gone and been very happy.

they have a website, google menu restaurant koh phan ngan. it is apapently pronounced me n' you

the kitchen is visible as you enter and is well kitted out and clean, the staff are sweet and attentive and the set ups very nice.

Hello

I will be visiting Koh Phangan soon with my wife, just wanting to know if there are any nice restaurants to dine in? Last time(1 year ago) there only seemed to be cafe style places throughout Thong Sala.

Thanks in advance :D

:o

try Menu in Hin Kong if you want to spend some money however theres nowt wrong with the 30 bahter in the square in thongsala cheap as chips and value for money

• 2 months later...

After visiting menu on two trips I was very impressed with the quality of food and service. The ambience of the restaurant was comfortable and relaxing.

They have a great selection of cocktails and wines, and the menu is modern.

The owners Nick and Anne are a lovely couple who went out of their way to make our visits special.

I highly recommend anyone who appreciates good food and wine to try it out if traveling to Koh Pha Ngan.

:o

I wholeheartedly agree, MoneyShot.

BTW, it was recently pointed out to me that Me'n'u refers to "me & you", and not a cuisine list - rather clever. :o

jose '-)

spike,

worlds end in chaloklam? how recently did it open, i was just in chaloklam for 3 weeks and certainly didn't notice it.

Hello

I will be visiting Koh Phangan soon with my wife, just wanting to know if there are any nice restaurants to dine in? Last time(1 year ago) there only seemed to be cafe style places throughout Thong Sala.

Thanks in advance :o

Bamsapao very good thai restaurant one of the best

in Thongsala

it's located near by the pier the same street

where 7 eleven is located around the corner

:D next to the check a flag bar

just ask arround there

Emotion of Sushi in Had Rin very nice.

Iwas eating there one year ago

:o:D and it was awful maybe they are

better these days

but 500 baht for 5 pieces sushi

and wasabi made of powder combined with water

what a ripp off

but I must say

the look of the restaurant is very nice

Hello

Thanks in advance :o

Bamsapao very good thai restaurant one of the best

in Thongsala

it's located near by the pier the same street

where 7 eleven is located around the corner

:D next to the check a flag bar

just ask arround there

Thanks for the tip Odile...

Ill give it a try next time Im in town

:D

I list my favorite restaurants on our website, together with a map (GPS) of each place, photos and description.

http:// www.phanganbungalows.com/restaurants

I started with this list a few month ago and will keep adding good places.

Have fun ...

Edited by sbk