Three injured in Samut Prakan gas station explosion

snoop1130

Three injured in Samut Prakan gas station explosion

By The Nation

601432458701f8c1d9c1739cac15be6d-sld.jpeg

An explosion at a liquefied natural gas-dispensing station in Samut Prakan’s Bang Sao Thong district on Monday afternoon injured a taxi driver and two gas station employees.

The incident near Soi Wat Sriwaree Noi took place at 2.30pm while the gas station workers were filling up a Toyota Altis taxi’s tank.

The explosion seriously injured the taxi driver, Wichai Buadok, whose clothes were torn off him in the blast, while two of the station’s employees were slightly hurt. 

All three were rushed to hospital.

Wichai’s taxi was wrecked by the explosion, which also damaged the station’s gas-nozzle booth. Bang Phli police were probing the cause of the explosion as of press time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362233

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-1-14

Whenever I am in a taxi that fills up with gas I ALWAYS get out of the vehicle and stand away. The Wife says I am just being silly. I just showed her the picture of the taxi........Still stupid Farang dear.........:whistling:

i wish a speedy recovery to the people involved.

A month or so ago, was at a PT station to fill up with gasoline.. A employee at the bowser was busy talking on her phone next to the pump and gestured to me to move to the next bay.. Surely she should know about the dangers of using a mobile phone at a bowser.. Sheer stupidity.. TIT..

1 hour ago, owenm said:

A month or so ago, was at a PT station to fill up with gasoline.. A employee at the bowser was busy talking on her phone next to the pump and gestured to me to move to the next bay.. Surely she should know about the dangers of using a mobile phone at a bowser.. Sheer stupidity.. TIT..

what  danger, almost zero from a phone you got more  chance of igniting fumes form static off  yourself exiting the vehicle.........worry  more about the ones i see smoking

2 hours ago, owenm said:

the phone thing has been debunked through various experiments purposely trying to cause an explosion in optimal conditions with a mobile phone. static electricity is a greater cause of these explosions, mobile phones in experiments did not ignite any explosion of fuel vapour

1 hour ago, kannot said:

what  danger, almost zero from a phone you got more  chance of igniting fumes form static off  yourself exiting the vehicle.........worry  more about the ones i see smoking

Or leave their vehicles running so the air-con works !!!

12 hours ago, owenm said:

A myth. Who's the stupid one really?

Archived