Democrats say they're alternative to military rule, corrupt politicians

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, stud858 said:

A public register for all political decisions , payments, accounting such as daily balance sheets and banking statements, etc.. would help stop corruption to some degree.

But no one is brave nor strong enough. Corruption here to stay.

In fact I see all political governments as just well organised crime gangs.

Certainly agree, there is a need for much better accounting and availability of data, all available quickly. 

17 hours ago, Becker said:

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I haven't seen a "But, but, but Thaksin" posts in ages! I thought all you junta fanboys were too ashamed to ever write one again given all that's has transpired during the military junta's regime but I guess you're the exception.

Congratulations!:clap2:

As far as I'm concerned 'but, but, but thaksin' is still relevant and will be for a while yet.

If a politician buys a pen , I want to see the receipt showing when where and how much, and the accounting sheet showing the amount come from his allocated budget. Along with bank statement.

Complacency of the people ruins this though because he can show ten receipts for 500 dollar pens and nobody would do anything. Everything in balance. A balanced economy as they say is a good one

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

As far as I'm concerned 'but, but, but thaksin' is still relevant and will be for a while yet.

That's an amazing statement considering that after years of rule by junta # 20 nothing substantial has changed. And that obviously completely invalidates the "but, but, but Thaksin" argument.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eligius said:

I won't even bother to read beyond the headline of what the 'Democrats' (ha ha ha!) - and especially the coup-enabler, Abhisit - have to say on the future of this nation.

They have betrayed the people more than once.

Couldn't have said it better!

Except for, when I was reading the headline, I was :cheesy: and then refused to read any further!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

When will they learn times have changed and they need new faces of smart sincere young people.

Unfortunately all the "smart new people" have been educated by the old masters.

new faces same old ties !!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Unfortunately all the "smart new people" have been educated by the old masters.

new faces same old ties !!!

Good point.

So let's hope the totally new parties have zero 'old timers', in other words nobody in the picture to push to all the old attitudes, values, methods etc.

Yep, I'm dreaming again...

Well, first of all, the democrats are hardly free of corruption. Second, a vote for the democrats might very well be a vote for Prayuth. Third, this party has done nothing but walk away when they didn't get their way, from boycotting elections to walking out of parliament. Let's not forget that many members of this party openly supported their buddy Suthep, and let's not forget that the last time they actually were able to form a government, this was done through back room deals with a banned politician and Prayuth, democracy is something this party does not understand or support. A vote to them is a wasted vote.