Happy Teachers' Day! "Khun Khru" goes the extra mile to make sure student attends school

webfact

Happy Teachers' Day! "Khun Khru" goes the extra mile to make sure student attends school

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

As Thailand celebrated Teachers' Day today came news of a feel-good story. 

On Monday a pupil at Bang Plama School in Suphanburi had texted his teacher - Khun Khru Poom - to say that he could not attend classes. His parents were unable to take him the considerable distance to school. 

But teacher Poom was determined that his student would not miss a single moment of his valuable education. 

With the help of location technology Poom was able to meet his student and get him to school on his motorcycle. 

Even though he missed the 8 am ceremony of the paying of respect to the Thai flag he was in time for the first lesson of the day.

Netizens gushed their approval of the story online saying that it marked the dedication of teachers in Thailand. 

Thaivisa notes that this week students across the nation will present flowers and garlands and sing songs and chants and perform gestures of high respect to their teachers. For many today will be a school holiday.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

Agreed, no helmet, come to think about it now, as you have mentioned it, I only remember the helmeted crew whilst driving,,,, I remember because it seems to be a rarity, along with the policing of this policy. And again, for those that have criticized me for having a go at the RTP, well.! look at the results.  I have foreign  friends visit me here in Hat Yai, and I  always point out a police car, when asked why, I simply say that I have not seen on for a few weeks.

Is this now the equivalent to the taxi- story?

After every five senseless beatings, forced haircuts or rape- allegation, comes a "one teacher drives his student to school or does something else awesome"- story?

I am sorry but I really can't stand these "jubilation"-stories!

This "...marked the dedication of teachers in Thailand."? 

No- it marked the dedication of ONE teacher in Thailand!

Unless, a teacher who beats up a student or rapes a girl or misses to headcount the children in her/his care and one kid dies in car, "marked the carelessness and mai bpen rai- attitude of teachers in Thailand!" becomes a thing, too!

"...students across the nation will present flowers and garlands and sing songs and chants and perform gestures of high respect to their teachers." 

What became of "respect has to be earned"?

In this country it just bowing to authority because...thainess!

I know, I know...any news -outlet has to write something, to justify it's existence, but this mindless kind of reporting, is getting on my nerves!

Maybe this is focusing on the negatives, but I find a majority of TTs not to be of outstanding character as commonly portrayed to be in this society.  Hell, I'd even go so far to say, some actually inhibit learning.

One moment, while I check my LINE, Fbook and Face... ????

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

Is this now the equivalent to the taxi- story?

After every five senseless beatings, forced haircuts or rape- allegation, comes a "one teacher drives his student to school or does something else awesome"- story?

I am sorry but I really can't stand these "jubilation"-stories!

This "...marked the dedication of teachers in Thailand."? 

No- it marked the dedication of ONE teacher in Thailand!

Unless, a teacher who beats up a student or rapes a girl or misses to headcount the children in her/his care and one kid dies in car, "marked the carelessness and mai bpen rai- attitude of teachers in Thailand!" becomes a thing, too!

"...students across the nation will present flowers and garlands and sing songs and chants and perform gestures of high respect to their teachers." 

What became of "respect has to be earned"?

In this country it just bowing to authority because...thainess!

I know, I know...any news -outlet has to write something, to justify it's existence, but this mindless kind of reporting, is getting on my nerves!

I suggest a chill pill.

Or perhaps a look at the thread of attractive teachers in Thailand. Please try something.

Rooster

8 hours ago, webfact said:

With the help of location technology Poom was able to meet his student and get him to school on his motorcycle. 

Even though he missed the 8 am ceremony of the paying of respect to the Thai flag he was in time for the first lesson of the day.

Shame he had to walk home after school!

16 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I suggest a chill pill.

Or perhaps a look at the thread of attractive teachers in Thailand. Please try something.

Rooster

Exactly what has the attractiveness of teachers to do, with any of this?

Archived