Finnish Man Jumps To His Death: Centre Condo, Pattaya Tai..

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: February 22nd 2007

Finnish Man jumps to his death in South Pattaya Condo.

A suspected case of suicide now from Center Condo just off the South Pattaya Road. At 3.30am on Thursday, Police Lieutenant Chanatat from Pattaya Police Station was called to deal with a suspected suicide victim who had apparently jumped from his 5th Floor Apartment.

The victim is Mr. Pentti Eerik Paunamaa aged 55 from Finland. Security Guards took Police to his apartment and an apparent suicide note in Finnish Language which mentioned that his wife was currently in prison on drugs charges and he felt very alone. Mr. Paunamaa was a keen motorbike enthusiast and was known by fellow residents at Center Condo as a quite but respectful man.

Everything inside his room was packed away in suitcases suggesting the suicide was pre-meditated and was not a spontaneous act. Police are confident that a third party was not involved in his death but are awaiting forensic reports before they close the case.

The Finnish Embassy in Bangkok have been informed.

I saw the title of this story and feared that it might be a friend of my business partner and I and i'm sad to learn that it is him. :D

He used to drink with us quite alot and we've also ridden to Chiang Mai together.

I know his gf/ wife and yes she's banged up for drugs and this poor guy sold his Harley and some belongings to help her although I feel he never got the respect and relationship he deserved.

He was missing her alot but nevertheless got himself off of the booze and got himself a bit more healthy, I saw him last week and he seemed ok.

The pic they've used on PCN was from our trip to Chiang Mai bike week 2004.

Sorry to be morbid but I really liked this guy and I'm very sad that he ended his life for her :o

RIP mate, here's a pic of us all. :D

2004_1214Image0097.JPG

Edited by davethailand

Yes, sorry to hear that 'davethailand'.

He must have been very depressed.

These Pattaya suicides must be reduced somehow.

RIP Dear Friend./

We just never know how another person is really going. I met a guy for coffee in the Royal Garden one Friday afternoon he seem OK then the next morning he committed sucicide. We just never know.

Mobi put something on here about starting up a help line for foreigners but I dont think he got much responce from the other members on TV.

Cheers Tony :o