Stotz BBC S61 Circuit Breaker ...where to buy??

jaenterprises

I have recently moved into a house near Chiang Mai with a Stotz BBC consumer unit with Stotz BBC S61 Circuit Breakers.  I want to add another 40 Amp breaker to run power to my workshop and would like to find either a genuine Stotz or something compatible that will fit into the vacant space on the DIN rail and bolt up to the bus bar. My search online and in local electrical suppliers has so far not produced any results. I would be most appreciative of anyone who could point me in the right direction.

I've never seen Stotz on sale here, could be an imported unit.

Can you post a photo of the existing breakers. Stotz seem to have a number of formats of S61 breaker.

The fact that you've failed to find something suitable suggests you have the early Wylex style breaker, like this, correct?

NB30-1.jpg

Or do you have the later (and easier to match) one like this?

s-l300.jpg

It may actually be easier to just add an external breaker to feed the workshop by connecting to the bus-bar.

Cheers Crossy,

They are the older version, I believe Wylex type 2 may be compatible.   And I suspect that they are an imported item, along with the UK spec GPO's that the pom who built the house has installed.   Thank you for your suggestion to tie in to the bus bar, as you can see in the photo, the bus bar is already full although there is room for another breaker in the enclosure. My plan is to piggy back on to one of the existing breakers connecting bolts to the busbar with a crimp on eyelet feeding a stand alone, off the shelf 40 amp breaker.  What do you think? 

20190108_112946.jpg

If it's your place I'd be tempted to install a new bigger consumer unit with some RCBOs and if it's wired with ring final circuits split the rings into 20A radials making it safe to use with Thai unfused plugs.

12 hours ago, jaenterprises said:

My plan is to piggy back on to one of the existing breakers connecting bolts to the busbar with a crimp on eyelet feeding a stand alone, off the shelf 40 amp breaker.  What do you think? 

Works for me.

You do need some earth leakage protection mind.

Thank you again for your time taken to consider my queries.

I agree with your assessment, a little more real estate in a replacement box would be a good thing.  I have young kids and I would also like to add RCD protection to the house.  Although the house is not mine, I asked the land lord, who gave me in principal support to pay for an upgrade to the consumer unit to include RCD.  I found an old wiring diagram tucked away here, it appears to be from the time of construction. It show that only about 30% of the GPO's have earthing.   My guess is that while the presence of these unearthed outlets may reduce somewhat the safety benefits of fitting an RCD, that it would still be a worthwhile improvement.  What do you think?

I was all systems go with pricing up a proposal for the land lord using a Safe-t-Cut CSR8E unit when I noticed that the these puppies only offer up to 32A breakers on the output side, My workshop needs 40A feeder as a minimum.  Can you recommend another suitable consumer unit with RCD include that could supply a 40A circuit?

Crossy is your man for recommending CU, but just to say... you don't HAVE to have a "Safe-T-Cut" to get RCD protection.  Schneider Square-D boxes can be fitted with RCBO as well as the DIN styles.  

BTW:  RCD function just as well without ground and are especially important to have in that case.