Nongprue cracks down on sidewalk vendors

Rimmer

Nongprue cracks down on sidewalk vendors

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue officials evicted street vendors set up illegally on the sidewalks of Soi Khao Noi.

Sutin Rakano, deputy chief for the sub-district’s regulatory enforcement department and his team inspected the area opposite Chokchai Market Jan. 9 following from Soi Khao Noi residents.

A shop and restaurants had expanded their sales areas onto the public sidewalk for about four meters. Officers asked the business owners to move their property inside.

They also tracked down the owners of cars who had parked on the footpath.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2019-01-18

Do they ever check on the encroachment into the road?  I parked outside a shop.  The owner came out and told me to move.  I pointed out this was public land.  He verbally abused me.  I went to the ATM and returned ONE minute later.  He was photographing me and my car.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Do they ever check on the encroachment into the road?  I parked outside a shop.  The owner came out and told me to move.  I pointed out this was public land.  He verbally abused me.  I went to the ATM and returned ONE minute later.  He was photographing me and my car.

Had one idiot put a cone against the front and rear of the pick up in line with the wheels. Reversed and flattened the back one and then drove over and flattened the front one that got dragged about 20 metres down the road before it came loose. ????????

Good work!

Now When are they going to get rid of the scum on south Pattaya Rd up to tutkom where available foot path is around 2 feet! And in rainy season there are 100 umbrellas making it impossible for a tall person to walk and no chance for the disabled [emoji708]

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Good work!

Now When are they going to get rid of the scum on south Pattaya Rd up to tutkom where available foot path is around 2 feet! And in rainy season there are 100 umbrellas making it impossible for a tall person to walk and no chance for the disabled emoji708.png

Maybe that is what makes Thailand different from St. Mary Mead, England? 

Because if you prefer clean side walks, and no food carts (that means no street food), you would never have moved to Thailand, right? Why on earth would you move here?

Thailand has always had street food culture, but current regime is actively destroying it. You should be glad, in 5 years Pattaya, Bangkok and rest of Thailand  will be St. Mary Mead! Great!!!

You will love it. 

Most others will  have no reason to be here. 

23 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Sure! Destroy everything unique in Thailand!

Bangkok center is already "clean", around Siam Square no more street food. And no more reason to go there.

Keep this "sidewalk cleaning" up, and soon there is no reason to visit Thailand. 

You came to Thailand to eat the dirty (by passing cars, trucks, busses etc) and mostly unhealthy street food?

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Yes they are proper little Hitlers when it comes to the area in front of their building. In their mind ownership extends to the white line in the middle of the road! Have to watch them though, not beyond them to vandalize your vehicle.

Maybe that is what makes Thailand different from St. Mary Mead, England? 

Because if you prefer clean side walks, and no food carts (that means no street food), you would never have moved to Thailand, right? Why on earth would you move here?

Thailand has always had street food culture, but current regime is actively destroying it. You should be glad, in 5 years Pattaya, Bangkok and rest of Thailand  will be St. Mary Mead! Great!!!

You will love it. 

Most others will  have no reason to be here. 

You conveniently ignored the disabled but be careful you may end up there one day. 

That stretch up to tutkom is in places 3 rows of stalls deep. Thats quite a wide footpath IF cleared but the greedy grubs have pushed Their tables close to the gutter allowing only single file.

It's there greed that will bring them undone just like it did in BKK, their desire to steal as much footpath as possible and their total disregard for pedestrians..

There are great air con food courts that most farang use.

I never came here to sit on a plastic stool 1 foot off the ground in the heat to slurp chicken soup and nobody I know does. I live lower Sukhumvit BKK and it's fantastic with most of the stalls wiped out. It's still jammed with tourists so your theory they came for street soup/food is seriously flawed.

12 minutes ago, madmen said:

You conveniently ignored the disabled but be careful you may end up there one day.

That stretch up to tutkom is in places 3 rows of stalls deep. Thats quite a wide footpath IF cleared but the greedy grubs have pushed Their tables close to the gutter allowing only single file.

There are great air con food courts that most farang use.

I never came here to sit on a plastic stool 1 foot off the ground in the heat to slurp chicken soup and nobody I know does. I live lower Sukhumvit BKK and it's fantastic with most of the stalls wiped out. It's still jammed with tourists so your theory they came for street soup/food is seriously flawed.

Disabled? In Thailand? You can't be serious! 

It is hard enough to walk here. But wheelchair!? 

50 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Sure! Destroy everything unique in Thailand!

Bangkok center is already "clean", around Siam Square no more street food. And no more reason to go there.

Keep this "sidewalk cleaning" up, and soon there is no reason to visit Thailand. 

You come here for the crowded pavements?

14 minutes ago, madmen said:

I did! At least party because of it. I like street food in Thailand. So do many Westerners. Bangkok used to known as food destination for foodies, while I'm far from a foodie, I like tasty street food, I like the subculture, I like the vibe of the city. 

With many  sidewalks of Bangkok now wheelchair accessible (hopefully) there is nothing there for rest of us. Why would I, why would anyone walk on a dead street?  No reason at all, it is actually unpleasant to walk around Siam Square now, it's absolutely pointless, to get from point to point I take taxi, a motorcy. I walk to experience city, and Bangkok for street food. Now that's it's gone, I don't go to those areas.

Luckily Silom is still in tact. Other than Mondays, when it is "cleaning day" lol.

Disabled? In Thailand? You can't be serious! 
It is hard enough to walk here. But wheelchair!? 
Duh because the paths are over run with stalls! You can't fix what you can't access

The disabled is not only chairs by the way.

Your solution is forget them forever as you don't want change .. Out of sight out of mind

Lower Sukhumvit BKK was extremely disabled unfriendly and now they have access.

The work on infrastructure has been fantastic with whole sois being ripped up and new drains and new concrete rds including mine.

It won't happen in Pattaya whilst people like you want a 3rd world slum

55 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You came to Thailand to eat the dirty (by passing cars, trucks, busses etc) and mostly unhealthy street food?

Yes. I accounted that in, when I decided to spend 6 months out of the year in Thailand. 

I'm ok with dirt, honest! I see Thailand as impoverished 3rd world nation, with no food hygiene standards, with no standards for pretty much anything, including human life. All that I took into account when I moved here.

But do not make sh*t up , and try not to put words in my mouth, I never said I came BECAUSE of dirt,   I said dirt is part of Thailand. Lack of walking space on sidewalks is part of Thailand. Everything absolutely inaccessible for wheelchair is part of Thailand. 

If I was in wheelchair would I move here? Are you kidding?

Should I end up in wheelchair, first thing I'll do is jet back to Europe, where 99%  areas are wheelchair accessible, where I have health care, proper health care, Universal health care,  to deal with my disabilities.

Last thing I'll do is stay in  Thailand, waiting for Thailand to catch up with my wheelchair needs. And my other health needs. I'd have to be mad to stay here! 

And yet they continue to exist ,much like the cockroach , turn off the lights and they scatter , but once you leave the room they all scurry back... ,and these vendors will be here even after a nuclear blast..

On 1/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, whitemouse said:

I see Thailand as impoverished 3rd world nation, with no food hygiene standards, with no standards for pretty much anything, including human life. All that I took into account when I moved here.

Really?

By the amount of SUV's new pick ups, new cars, new town houses being built... etc etc... I do not see things the same way you do. I see the west as third world countries and Thailand mocking us. Not withstanding the value of the Thai baht. The way you write makes me believe you have now become more Thai than Thai in your six months out of the year here.

Been here 16 years and though I liked Khao San road when I came here for the first two weeks, I gotta admit that I quickly lost the bushy tailed and bright eyed attitude when I had to negotiate around the sidewalks after I established myself. Don't be a bleeding heart and don't forget where you come from. Thailand is not that charming... it leaves its old people to fend without social welfare while the rich Thai Chinese run the gvt and get richer and richer.

All that said, I am still happy to be here, but I am not blinded by the charms this country has to offer anymore.

Well done Nongprue Council your hit and run tactics of Friday really worked well, when I rode down Soi Khao Noi yesterday there was twice as many pushcarts and sidecar motorcycles selling their wares than ever before. 

Archived