BTS Fails To Keep Accessibility Promises For 4th Year

webfact

BTS Fails To Keep Accessibility Promises For 4th Year

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

6194955970_98210a0b69_b.jpg

BANGKOK — The BTS Skytrain remains inaccessible to all commuters four years after a historic legal victory for disability activists.

Activist Manit Inpim this week accused the city of failing to do its job, saying he is unaware of any progress since 256 million baht was approved nearly eight months ago for construction of elevators at all exits of every station.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2019/01/18/bts-fails-to-keep-accessibility-promises-for-4th-year/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-18

BTS doesn't care about its customers and never has done. And they know they can flout the court ruling with impunity, as has clearly been proved for years. What SHOULD happen is the company should be fined 10 million baht a day until the work is done. What WILL happen is nothing at all.

Hardly surprising ????

there are no incentives to do the right thing, or what you promised in Tland.

They are making good cash flows through!

Oh, that money ???? we will have to get back to you on that-ask around-we should know in a couple months probably ???? give you a call

15 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Please remember, in Thai society the disabled are generally regarded as being "house bound" being cared for by the family and are not let loose on the streets and BTS!!

So true and so sad. They are considered as being in a wheelchair because they must have done something terrible in a past life.

And think of the incovenience to motorbikes when a wheelchair uses the pavement/sidewalk.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, overherebc said:

So true and so sad. They are considered as being in a wheelchair because they must have done something terrible in a past life.

And think of the incovenience to motorbikes when a wheelchair uses the pavement/sidewalk.

I was in a wheelchair for a week because I got hit by a car driven by a Thai. Wonder what I did wrong other than waiting to cross the road?

35 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I was in a wheelchair for a week because I got hit by a car driven by a Thai. Wonder what I did wrong other than waiting to cross the road?

????????

The number of times I got knocked off the bike by car drivers, well ok twice, I must have been something really bad assed.

????????

Even some of the lifts they have built are often kept locked and inaccessible. One has to go find a security guard and convince the guard of the severity of your disability (unlikely if you don't have a crutch, cane or wheelchair) before the doors are unlocked.

Archived