Pattaya TT Currency Help

MyUserNameHere

I will be visiting Pattaya soon and will be taking mostly English notes to change at TT currency.

Could anyone confirm if they will change £50 notes without any problems?

Also i have heard they can be fussy if the notes are not perfect condition or have writing on. Is this true?

Any thing else i should be aware of?

Why wouldn't they change such small stuff like 50 Pound notes :biggrin:

Professional changers were always happy with the 500 Euro note.

Being fussy about condition: that's true for minor/provincial bank branches.

I wouldn't expect that at TT in Pattaya they care about a dogs-ear.

With the many Brits around they should be hardened.

Sure you should not take crumpled, worn out notes and such with any scribbling.

And you still have a selection of other changers with comparable rates in Pattaya.

17 hours ago, MyUserNameHere said:

Also i have heard they can be fussy if the notes are not perfect condition or have writing on. Is this true?

They are not that bothered in Thailand, particularly Pattaya. They will take all but the worst. The "perfect condition" is required for Laos and even more so in Myanmar in respect to US dollars.

i would recommend Sabai exchange under Atlantic Bar up top of soi 3 way. I had first ever note rejected in December at a TT Branch. Someone previously had mentioned they gave marginally higher than TT (they do) but more startlingly dont even examine the notes (they dont lol)

Literally just counted out the £400 which were all correct way around etc entered into calculator and handed over the wonga. I had the passport with me she glanced at it but certainly never scanned or copied as she was in full view

I walked away thinking exactly the same as others reading this are now lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Why wouldn't they change such small stuff like 50 Pound notes :biggrin:

Professional changers were always happy with the 500 Euro note.

Being fussy about condition: that's true for minor/provincial bank branches.

I wouldn't expect that at TT in Pattaya they care about a dogs-ear.

With the many Brits around they should be hardened.

Sure you should not take crumpled, worn out notes and such with any scribbling.

And you still have a selection of other changers with comparable rates in Pattaya.

no ink marks or tears that should read tear s  at exchanges jan 26  TT best bet for slight and i mean slight marks

I've been living in Pattaya for most of the 16 years I've been in Thailand. All currency exchange places are slightly different from each other. But one thing I know for sure is that it's best to bring PERFECT bank notees with you from your home country. Simply go into your back there and explain that you need new, perfect bills. You'll have no problem with those and it takes but a few minutes to review each bill individually at your bank!

Archived