Just wanted to say...

Sporf

I finally managed to stay put long enough that I needed to perform a 90 day report.

Like everything else I've done here, I over prepared and worried about it.

Jomtien soi 5 was PACKED, as always, but I was in and out in under 2 minutes.

It took longer to find a place to park than anything else.

The place may be full, but everything is in motion.

Didn't care about the color copies of my passport pages, visa, stamp etc...

Copies of my residence report paper, TM6, etc., unwanted.

All they wanted was to see the form filled out, and my passport.

Typed a few things.

All done with another piece of paper stuffed in the back of my passport cover.

Smiles. Kop koon krabp!

I see so many complaints about the bureaucracy, but these people are, by far, the most efficient, helpful, and polite bureaucrats I've ever had to deal with.

The typo they made in the Green Book at the Bureau of Land Transport. Fixed on the spot.

When I got my Thai drivers' license. When I reported my residence when I moved in. I didn't have everything perfect, but they helped me fill in a few blanks with a smile.

I'm not a fan of either, but I'll take "save face" over snowflake every time.

Maybe I'll try the online bit next time...

Next up, TM30. Maybe they won't care, again. I'll be over-prepared, again.

Good to see a factual confirmation of how easy it is to deal with most of the bureaucracy we encounter. Mind you, some may consider their time on this planet far too valuable to waste on 2 minutes + parking, three or four times a year. And doing it online!? Interrupt my surfing??!!!

Heretic, that's wot you are.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, champers said:

TM30 not required if extending your visa for retirement .... unless you have changed address.

I'm actually stepping out of the country for a bit. I'm told I have to self-report upon entry. I agree, it doesn't really make sense, it's the same place I'm at now. And maybe jomtien office won't care since every office seems to make their own rules. But, I'd rather go and be told there was no need, than not do it and find out the hard way that I should have. It's easy enough to go down there and they're always helpful, so why not?

PE visa, not retirement visa. I'm not old enough to be retired even though I am... Derp.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sporf said:

All they wanted was to see the form filled out, and my passport........

All done with another piece of paper stuffed in the back of my passport cover.

Keep that bit of paper. Next time you do your 90-day report you will not need to fill in the form. Just present your passport with the bit of paper and they will scan it and print out the completed form for you.

This applies even if you leave the country in between. You should never need to fill in the form again as long as your details stay the same.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, KittenKong said:

Keep that bit of paper. Next time you do your 90-day report you will not need to fill in the form. Just present your passport with the bit of paper and they will scan it and print out the completed form for you.

This applies even if you leave the country in between. You should never need to fill in the form again as long as your details stay the same.

Sweet!

Archived