Report to the police or go to Facebook? Gun toting driver sparks debate

webfact

Report to the police or go to Facebook? Gun toting driver sparks debate

screenshot_8506.jpg

video screenshot

A Thai man who threatened a family with a gun after he tried to reverse and park on a main road in Rayong has  sparked an online debate.

What is better and more likely to get a result? Going to the police or putting your experience on Facebook and forcing the police to act?

Poster Ken Thanakorn Phuthai was in no doubt - for him he said it was a waste of time to go to the police station; better to shame the police into activity by going on social media, he commented. 

In this case the dash cam footage soon reached Thai Rath national TV. 

In the footage a Thai man tries to reverse into a parking spot but his way is blocked by a family in a car legitimately using the inside lane themselves. 

Angry, the man emerges from the car with what the presenters said was a gun retrieved from his belt. He then threatens the family with the words:

"Do you want a bullet?"

The license plate is clearly visible prompting the presenters to suggest that it should be easy for the police to act in this case. 

The incident occurred near a Lotus store in downtown Rayong in Thailand's eastern seaboard. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-22

had a guy in a car pull a gun on me once, after he suddenly swapped lanes and i had to severely swerve my bike. i made the mistake of using my horn. i continued on and he followed waving his gun at me and trying to crash into me. This was on Sukhumvit in Pattaya. I stopped at the Highway Patrol office just down the road and reported it, they just laughed and did nothing.

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

a Thai man tries to reverse into a parking spot but his way is blocked by a family in a car legitimately using the inside lane themselves.

And the "idiot family" could not for their life understand what the driver in front was attemting to do. Morons, should have been shot!

17 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

And the "idiot family" could not for their life understand what the driver in front was attemting to do. Morons, should have been shot!

I saw - constantly coming vehicles right side from family car and so no fast possibility to pass right side.

I believe - the man with gun is a bully and your statement shows that you are sympathetic regarding bully's ????

He in my opinion reversed back to early and to near - make it not easy possible to pass right.

Doing so forcing the family car to reverse to - not OK

Also I saw - before the bully got out of his car, a vehicle, parking on his left drove away, a second car moved to that spot and so he could just move a little forward and park backwards in without going out of his car with the gun threatening people with children.

Just a moron-bully  ????

He stops in the driving lane without any warning, then reverses, without putting his Emergency lights on, and only turns them on after he gets close to the families front bumper. I am sure they were confused as to what he was doing, because as we all know Thai's typically have no driver training, and act and drive like 10 year olds.

I reckon since the police spend a lot of time on their social media, it’s best to put any videos of such occurrences on line, perhaps they may notice it. They may not do anything about it but at least it will make the new comers aware of where they’ve just landed.

It is indeed a dangerous place in every respect and sadly we are pretty much on own ???? I risk my life every day riding my scooter in this jungle..

i enjoy risking my life.  today i might get shot in the head because i went 0.5 km/h too slow.  ah, but i save money on food and room.  it's worth it, really.  

if i don't die and lose all my money and sanity, really, what's the point?  it's fun to race towards the darkest depths of the deepest oceans.  oh wait, that's my friend in pattaya.  

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Certainly thankful I don't know you. Your advocating, "should have been shot", reflects a void in character, vocabulary and rational thought. The real moron is evident.

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Anyone who would advocate that the family were morons and should be shot has definitely got a vacuum in their head because anyone with any brain would never make a statement like that

Archived