Important News from Vientiane Royal Thai Embassy.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

After registering I tried and the first day with available slots is March 19th.

image.png.8de49179ea0e8410b0b606b67963b368.png

Yes I tried multiple times again and now it shows also first slot for the 13. I guess it won't be for me this time.

Edited by Tayaout

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, Could someone please help me with this question:

I'm going for a 10 day vacation in Laos (so not a classic visa run this time) in Feb and I booked my Tourist Visa Application appointment on Feb 8. I will be flying back to Europe on May 10. This ticket is payed for long ago. Now obviously I would like to show them that real flight ticket out of Thailand and not have to book any cheap Air Asia ticket for this purpose. The only issue is that I'm planning to enter Thailand from Laos on Feb 9, so the ticket out on May 10 would not be within 90 days. If I've counted correctly it would fall one day short (91 days), is that correct?

Anyway, I've applied for a SETV in Vientiane countless times during the past 10 years and they never even asked for a flight ticket out of Thailand. Has this changed? Do they now want to see the ticket out? If so, can anyone confirm if I'll just have to book some fake ticket since my real ticket is for May 10?

I'm also wondering how would they even know what my actual entry date to Thailand would be if I cross at land border (meaning no flight ticket to Thailand). Can I not just tell them that I would be entering on Feb 10, even if I really would enter or probably fly form Vientiane to BKK on Feb 9?

Thanks!