Important News from Vientiane Royal Thai Embassy.

Website is up, finally, but when I try to "sign up for new applicant" after entering all required data fields I keep getting a pop up message "please contact system administration".... but I can not find a way to do that, only link on sign up page is linking to the IT firm who designed the page.  Anyone signed up successfully? 

Edited by Everad
incorrect information

7 minutes ago, Everad said:

Website is up, finally, but when I try to "sign up for new applicant" after entering all required data fields I keep getting a pop up message "please contact system administration".... but I can not find a way to do that, only link is on home page linking to the IT firm who designed the page.  Anyone signed up successfully? 

There is a Contact Form at the bottom of the main page. However, this was not working correctly when I tried it around 6:00 am this morning (Thailand time).

Have no issue connecting to the site by VPN.

"EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their types of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Complex Building B, Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, www.immigration.go.th. Extension of stay as well as change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of Immigration officers. "

They need to update that highlighted text as the application can happen in any regional office and nothing changed there.

Yes, looks like 20k show money needed for a successful SETV, and I'm sure there will be people arriving tomorrrow who have no clue of the changes...a real shambles as they should have brought it in March 1st to have a smoother transition period.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, looks like 20k show money needed for a successful SETV, and I'm sure there will be people arriving tomorrrow who have no clue of the changes...a real shambles as they should have brought it in March 1st to have a smoother transition period

That looks like a copy and paste to me from the MFA website. I don't think they will be enforcing it.

• Like 1

Iam now confused !! I signed up on this website thaivisavientiane.com and booked my apointment. In the Header it says "Royal Thai Embassy, Consular Section, Viantiane LAO, PDR"

But when you scroll down you will see the Point "Our Location" and a Map and there it shows the Thai Embassy in Savannakhet, which is a completely other City very far away ?!?

This whole thing confuse me a lot this morning

Edited by extazzy77

2 minutes ago, extazzy77 said:

Iam now confused !! I signed up on this website thaivisavientiane.com and booked my apointment. In the Header it says "Royal Thai Embassy, Consular Section, Viantiane LAO, PDR"

But when you scroll down you will see the Point "Our Location" and a Map and there it shows the Thai Embassy in Savannakhet, which is a completely other City very far away ?!?

This whole thing confuse me a lot this morning

Yes, quite a shambles.

1 month for beta testing would have helped, I think.

Anyway looks like the game is up in the next 1-2 years for "Elite-lite" extended stay on tourista visas. Just hope people are not disallowed indefinetely from applying for an METV/SETV in home country online/nearby to Thailand if the history is substantial on visa-exempt/tourist visas when they have been away from Thailand 6 months or so etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, extazzy77 said:

Not sure how they managed to put the Savannakhet consulate map on the site. Just mistake since the consular section is still in Vientiane.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Anyway looks like the game is up in the next 1-2 years for "Elite-lite" extended stay on tourista visas. Just hope people are not disallowed indefinetely from applying for an METV/SETV in home country online/nearby to Thailand if the history is substantial on visa-exempt/tourist visas when they have been away from Thailand 6 months or so etc.

Online appointments are a good idea.  Enforcing the published regulations (20K Baht, Accommodation, and Air-ticket) could justify ending IOs 2nd-guessing Visa holders - so could be a positive development.

But barring visitors from applying based on "was here before recently" (not published in any official capacity/site with regard to Tourist Visas) would do nothing positive for Thailand.  It would de-employ Thais, and shift those jobs to Cambodians, Vietnamese, and Philipinos in their nations.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Online appointments are a good idea.  Enforcing the published regulations (20K Baht, Accommodation, and Air-ticket) could justify ending IOs 2nd-guessing Visa holders - so could be a positive development.

But barring visitors from applying based on "was here before recently" (not published in any official capacity/site with regard to Tourist Visas) would do nothing positive for Thailand.  It would de-employ Thais, and shift those jobs to Cambodians, Vietnamese, and Philipinos in their nations.

IOs are not effective at keeping the undesirables out.  The online appointments should see to it that they are all kept out.  Second guessing must still happen on entry, but I don't see many IOs doing this.

Edited by farangx

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They updated the announcement on their website. This is the correct site. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Maybe you could add a note to the first post in this thread that the domain ending is .com and not .org (or edit the pictures that was posted), because most people will just read the first few posts and then end up on the .org website.

35 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Maybe you could add a note to the first post in this thread that the domain ending is .com and not .org (or edit the pictures that was posted), because most people will just read the first few posts and then end up on the .org website.

Fixed now with updated announcement and a note with correct URL.

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

"Please Contact System Administrator!" when trying to sign up...

Is that, possibly, because it starts tomorrow or a glitch?

I had the same problem about 3 hours ago. Tried again to sign up 10 mins ago and no problems, all working OK for me.

Checked the availability of appointments places for tomorrow and this is what was available

432988806_ScreenShot2019-01-31at15_58_10.png.02047efc957613132dbdccc7615f4918.png

and 04 February when all the visa co's arrive

1181502347_ScreenShot2019-01-31at16_01_07.png.da0bd1b0b4a7cdf74c0784c5344d9e2c.png

Seems to be working OK

Edited by ozfarang
  • Like 1

Anyone tried to get visa in Vientiane without online registration?

I have planned to go Laos tomorrow and only today found that I need to do online appointment.

But they don't have available appointments for tomorrow.

Have I any chances to get visa without online appointment?

is showing a bank balance on phone app fine for the bank statement or does it have to be some formal thing from your once monthly pdf like i need to be showing statement jan 1 -31 ? 

Edited by at15

3 minutes ago, at15 said:

is showing a bank balance on phone app fine for the bank statement or does it have to be some formal thing from your once monthly pdf like i need to be showing statement jan 1 -31 ? 

Vientiane is not asking for financial proof. No changes to get a tourist visa there.

If they did want it a print out of a screenshot might be accepted. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Vientiane is not asking for financial proof. No changes to get a tourist visa there.

If they did want it a print out of a screenshot might be accepted. 

ok thank you sir i took screenshot of the summary page on my bank statement. decided savannakhet over vientiane. 

• 3 weeks later...

I tried yesterday then today again. There is no appointment for tourist visa for any date I try. I guess the agency have employee constantly refreshing and picking up all the dates or the website developer has too much skills.

edit: My bad, I choose the wrong month but not schedule before almost 3 weeks and my plane ticket and hotels was booked yesterday. fml.

thaivisa.png

Edited by Tayaout