Fba And Your House

Well, now that is is possible for the Thai Nominee's to get a very close look for evne old compainies what to do...

Don't be dumb....for now it has been advised to keep yopu money in your home country and rent...Look a 30 year lease is 360 months so if you pay for a 300000USD house that is about 833USD per month in bye bye money after 30 years. You will have no value after 15 years so....Rent about the same or less for a year and save about 150000SD on that purchase untill you can get a 30 + 30 lease....

Make sense, yep...We should all be at wait and see if they fine tune the target off a lowly farang wanting one house so as not to withold 30% of the money we bring in...Keep it under 20KUSD and no withholding for one year...........

Have a sniff around and you'll see that many many thai lawyers are still selling the thai corp jive...Good for you that now a days no money goes over untill th land office does the reg! thanks for that break....

I can personally tell you that in the last week some lawyers have tried to seel me the jive of a thai company with their built in Nonomees and on project owner did the same....Buyer Beware.....

Well, now that is is possible for the Thai Nominee's to get a very close look for evne old compainies what to do...

Don't be dumb....for now it has been advised to keep yopu money in your home country and rent...Look a 30 year lease is 360 months so if you pay for a 300000USD house that is about 833USD per month in bye bye money after 30 years. You will have no value after 15 years so....Rent about the same or less for a year and save about 150000SD on that purchase untill you can get a 30 + 30 lease....

Make sense, yep...We should all be at wait and see if they fine tune the target off a lowly farang wanting one house so as not to withold 30% of the money we bring in...Keep it under 20KUSD and no withholding for one year...........

Have a sniff around and you'll see that many many thai lawyers are still selling the thai corp jive...Good for you that now a days no money goes over untill th land office does the reg! thanks for that break....

I can personally tell you that in the last week some lawyers have tried to seel me the jive of a thai company with their built in Nonomees and on project owner did the same....Buyer Beware.....

Pardon?

Not wishing to be rude but

I can speak a little Thai but

NOT FLUENT IN GIBERISH

Please translate

Excellent post there by the OP.

How do i contact you as i am indeed in need of some sound legal advise.

Regards

Get a good lawyer...I have ben told that move the company to a lease hold with a safe nominee for that! BTW, the above comepany, Siam Legal, has a Thai Lawyer offer to set up a corp for a house purchase. Look you have, starting in 1 year, 1 year to get you corp in order..What is new is you can go to the slammer for this stuff...............

The posters above probabl don't have houses or interest/means to by one....this is serious business, one could get spanked for a lot of money on this deal! Again, lawyers are saying to get out of the corp and into a lease hold with 30 + 30...What is in it for the lease holder, you hjouse and land for their grand kids!

Regards

Get a good lawyer...I have ben told that move the company to a lease hold with a safe nominee for that! BTW, the above comepany, Siam Legal, has a Thai Lawyer offer to set up a corp for a house purchase. Look you have, starting in 1 year, 1 year to get you corp in order..What is new is you can go to the slammer for this stuff...............

The posters above probabl don't have houses or interest/means to by one....this is serious business, one could get spanked for a lot of money on this deal! Again, lawyers are saying to get out of the corp and into a lease hold with 30 + 30...What is in it for the lease holder, you hjouse and land for their grand kids!

I once contacted Siam Legal back when i first arrived and didnt know any better. Without dropping the tall, dark haired american guys name, he had absolutely no idea about what i was talking about, even though it was a simple company setup request. Following that meeting, he never got back to me. The companies office is dark, dingy, in need of total renovation without a computer in sight. Not a good first impression from a lawyer! He had to call in his messenger to answer some questions about protocol with the various departments. Really not very confidence building! It was kinda like going into the TOT offices and asking them to book my flight tickets for me. I ended up going with Sunbelt as at least they were quick and could answer questions on the spot, plus i have a lot of respect for Greg personally.

Ive found, now that ive been here for a number of years, that it pays to know more than your lawyers and accountants. Example, i'm here on a visa with work permit that half a dozen lawyers told me i couldnt get. I have to tell my accountant what allowances i can take. Its truly amazing.

Anyway, id like to bump this post back to the top 'coz i like the OP's original post. Its the most original i've seen in a while!

Regards

:o:D:D

Edited by thaigene2

Cute Graphicsa, how about some info............Do yhou own a house or live under the freeway at Saphan Thaksin?

Sorry - couldn't resist. Pretty funny..

Anyway..no I don't own. I wanted to buy a house with joint-ownership with my thai wife or a condo in my name within the 49% quota..but the number of roadblocks became just a few too many.

1. Married to a Thai = Thailand doesn't care. You can't buy a house in your name and you can't share it (even 49%) with your thai wife...not a penny's worth.

2. A condo = you can one if most owners are thai, but Thailand doesn't want you to borrow money from a thai bank to do so, and the very few that would allow it before now seem to have closed that door too.

3. A visa = getting tougher every day. First for the loafers. Then for the retirees and then for foreigners married to Thais. Then came the consultants - many are now relocating to HK and Sing. The rest of us will be next.

Who wants to own a place that you can only see via satellite photo two-thirds of the year?

Regards

:o:D:D

"good lawyer" is an oxymoron.

I doubt at this point if I'll be booted.

I went ahead and restructured while I was back home last month. The 56% Thai partner and her nominees were the ones who got booted. I transferred to closely connected Thais as nominees and even more closely connected major shareholders, my Thai children. I still have control, and went through a seemingly quite professional law office this time instead of the previous kitchen table operators, who originally helped me on the company set-up. Supposedly the original folks were going to help me out with whatever changes they recommended but I decided to go ahead and make my move. Regardless I still filed the yearly books and taxes with same office I have been using. Oh and by the way the Thai Govt knows who everybody is to some degree, the law office had a computer printout from the govt website on my company. After seeing the said printout I think its better to go legit than try to fly under the radar screen, its more organized than some people think. I think this issue will be decided on case by case basis. With the restructuring of the shareholders coupled with the Will I had them prepare, I feel makes me feel I'm about as close as I can get under the circumstances to being watertite on the company.

I'm glad I had a way out. The legal expense was worth the peace of mind.