You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Kubota prices Used / New

LukKrueng

For some reason I can't edit my previous post...

So I called Kubota today and apparently they don't the the L3608 any longer. In this series they onky have the 40HP and 32HP (prices are 490K and 406K respectively).

However, the question about a reasonable price for a 5 years old 2000 engine hours L3608+ Rotary remains. I am offered 1 for 250K and would appreciate any input in regards.

Thanks

40 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

For some reason I can't edit my previous post...

<snip>

You can only edit your post 30 minute or so after you created them. If you want to edit/add info then you have to click the report button and ask a Moderator to do it for you.

I have been looking at buying a tractor for the farm.

Second Hand price will depend on the number of hours it has done and the condition it looks.

Unfortunately, as with most mechanical things Thais own, they are not generally serviced and maintained well.

For your information, the first two numbers after the letter (The letter is the series, B,L,M) is the HorsePower.

250,000 bt for a Kubota L3608 +Rotary is about the right price.

Make sure you have some money to fix the problems initially that you will find.

1 hour ago, Cashboy said:

I have been looking at buying a tractor for the farm.

Second Hand price will depend on the number of hours it has done and the condition it looks.

Unfortunately, as with most mechanical things Thais own, they are not generally serviced and maintained well.

For your information, the first two numbers after the letter (The letter is the series, B,L,M) is the HorsePower.

250,000 bt for a Kubota L3608 +Rotary is about the right price.

Make sure you have some money to fix the problems initially that you will find.

Thanks for the reply.

I was referred to this tractor by my mechanic. The current owner is his customer and he says he takes good care of the tractor. Some small things I have noticed such as the clutch needs tuning (according to the mechanic), and some handles need tightening (the H/L gear handle and the F/R handle). That shouldn't be more than few hundred THB. I might decide to changed the engine oil though, and that goes few thousands...

My current tractor is a VERY old 34HP - from the models that were imported from Japan back then... When I bought it about 3 years ago I spent about 10K to change oil and fix other small things. However during the last 3 years had to fix other things and realized the the previous owner(s) didn't use any original Kubota parts for any fixes they did...

On 1/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, LukKrueng said:

I might decide to changed the engine oil though, and that goes few thousands...

Poor quality and dirty oil is what kills engines.

The cost of a Kubota oil filter and quality oil changed in engine and gearbox regularly is little compared to an engine and transmission rebuilds.

They are easy to do yourself however the lbaour cost for a Thai to do it is insignificant for you.

However, I would watch him do it to educate yourself and also to make sure he does it correctly and with correct quality oil.

11 hours ago, Cashboy said:

Poor quality and dirty oil is what kills engines.

The cost of a Kubota oil filter and quality oil changed in engine and gearbox regularly is little compared to an engine and transmission rebuilds.

They are easy to do yourself however the lbaour cost for a Thai to do it is insignificant for you.

However, I would watch him do it to educate yourself and also to make sure he does it correctly and with correct quality oil.

I have good experience with my mechanic. Only uses original kubota parts and oil. Most times in order to get it done faster I go to kubota myself to get what's needed. As for changing the oil myself - I know it's not complicated, but for the labour charges of couple of hundred baht I prefer to let him do it...

Archived