Proof of accommodation - own Condominium

If I am asked to show hotel bookings show the internet printout of course but how to show proof of accommodation in my own condo to an immigration officer at suvarnabhumi airport?

I will only be in Thailand total maybe 60 days this year on multiple trips. Carrying my chanote around would be too dangerous and a hassle.

Edited by Date Masamune

3 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Not possible to get yellow housebook from Chiangmai land office unless I get a o, with one year extension or o-a visa.

What if the chanote is lost or stolen? 

That is why the land office hold a master copy of all chanotes.  They regularly get misplaced or lost by people, the land office provide a copy. 

• Like 2

If I am asked to show hotel bookings show the internet printout of course but how to show proof of accommodation in my own condo to an immigration officer at suvarnabhumi airport?
I will only be in Thailand total maybe 60 days this year on multiple trips. Carrying my chanote around would be too dangerous and a hassle.

Why would they want to see proof of owning a condo at the airport?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

I don’t see why you’d be asked. Multiple trips aren’t really an issue. It’s time spent — if entering as a tourist — that counts, and I don’t see any IO being bothered by 60 days in a year.

As suggested carry a COPY of your Chanote. That should satisfy any IO in the — highly unlikely — event they want proof of accommodation.

In this context, the issue is likely with their input of your address into their computer.  The tiny-space on the TM-6 to write it makes this difficult.  I found that a copy of the business-card from the condo office to be what they wanted to see.  If you only spend 60-days / yr, you will likely not be questioned about the nature of your stay, so this is probably all you would need.

Do always have 20K Baht worth of Cash or Travelers Checks (any currency) to show, however - as that is a published-rule required for any Visa entry. 

If you had a longer-stay history, and they were looking for a reason to deny-entry, it is unlikely a chanote would help - or showing money via plastic or "bank on phone."  The reason they do this at some unfriendly entry-points (the Bangkok airports among them) has nothing to do with if the visitor really has a place to stay, money to spend, etc. 

Edited by JackThompson

On 1/29/2019 at 9:52 PM, Date Masamune said:

What is the one page contract? Anyway I was threatened with denial of entry for no money, what is ridiculous.

In that case, you have already been identified as a foreigner who "sticks around too long" as a Tourist.  I would guess you spent more than 60-days/yr here in the past.   There is no legal limit or definition of what "too long" is, but some IOs pretend such exists - or make up some number to suit on the spot. 

Due to past longer-stays, which IOs at some entry points (both Bangkok airports) find personally offensive, and their ability to act with impunity, I would enter only with a valid Tourist Visa from this time forward.  Always carry 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks, also (this is a real rule).

Personally, I would also never enter by air again - sticking to land-borders, where the actual laws are followed (every land-border except Poipet/Aranyaprathet).  At bad entry points, they have denied-entry to others for "not having money" - who had plenty.  But, as they say here, "Up to you."

Edited by JackThompson

20 hours ago, JackThompson said:

In that case, you have already been identified as a foreigner who "sticks around too long" as a Tourist.  I would guess you spent more than 60-days/yr here in the past.   There is no legal limit or definition of what "too long" is, but some IOs pretend such exists - or make up some number to suit on the spot. 

Due to past longer-stays, which IOs at some entry points (both Bangkok airports) find personally offensive, and their ability to act with impunity, I would enter only with a valid Tourist Visa from this time forward.  Always carry 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks, also (this is a real rule).

Personally, I would also never enter by air again - sticking to land-borders, where the actual laws are followed (every land-border except Poipet/Aranyaprathet).  At bad entry points, they have denied-entry to others for "not having money" - who had plenty.  But, as they say here, "Up to you."

No I don't meet that profile Im not about to start faffing around with tourist visas to stay in Thailand 10 days. LA consul says short stay Americans don't need a visa

Land borders are not an option. No time this next trip but looking at either elite status or O-A Visa and reentry permit. 

10 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

No I don't meet that profile Im not about to start faffing around with tourist visas to stay in Thailand 10 days. LA consul says short stay Americans don't need a visa

Land borders are not an option. No time this next trip but looking at either elite status or O-A Visa and reentry permit. 

The LA Consul is correct, but what happens at a Bangkok airport is outside the laws and rules which the Consul is likely relying upon to inform their statement.  TAT has given similar responses.  They cannot exactly admit / qualify their statement of fact with the caveat, "But, the capital-city airport immigration don't necessarily follow the law, so better to fly to Penang and take a train in."

If over 50, an OA Visa from the LA Consulate is a good way to deal with the problem.  You won't even need to bother with a re-entry permit until the 2nd year of use, since the Visa is Multiple-Entry until it expires, and the expiration-date is one year after issuance.

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The LA Consul is correct, but what happens at a Bangkok airport is outside the laws and rules which the Consul is likely relying upon to inform their statement.  TAT has given similar responses.  They cannot exactly admit / qualify their statement of fact with the caveat, "But, the capital-city airport immigration don't necessarily follow the law, so better to fly to Penang and take a train in."

If over 50, an OA Visa from the LA Consulate is a good way to deal with the problem.  You won't even need to bother with a re-entry permit until the 2nd year of use, since the Visa is Multiple-Entry until it expires, and the expiration-date is one year after issuance.

So how do I get to Penang from Incheon, or San Francisco or Osaka, then waste my days off to get on some series of overheated mini-vans and slow trains?

Perhaps I  should ride to Chiang Mai on the back of an Elephant? No I'd just as soon take my toys and find another sandbox.

8 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

So how do I get to Penang from Incheon, or San Francisco or Osaka, then waste my days off to get on some series of overheated mini-vans and slow trains?

Perhaps I  should ride to Chiang Mai on the back of an Elephant? No I'd just as soon take my toys and find another sandbox.

The way I used to do it, was to fly to Penang, train to Hat Yai (or at least through Pedang Besar border, then onward to Hat Yai), the fly from Hat Yai to Bangkok (or where ever).  The train ride from Penang is not long.  Could also train from Kuala Lumpur, though a bit longer ride.  The trains in Malaysia are nice, electric, and fairly fast (not "bullet" by any stretch, but not broken-down either).

• 2 weeks later...