Statement of all transactions from Kaisikorn...Easily to get?

Hi Guys, I have a Kaisikorn savings account with green book and atm card. Its a baht account which ive had for a few years. I have always been a bit lacks with updating book ( Yes potentially leaving myself wide open). looking at book I see between May 2017 and Sept 2017 0.9 million baht has gone from balance, no update between these dates so cannot confirm where its gone. It may be all fine but maybe not, certainly maybe 300k ish would be normal. Anyway does anyone know if the bank can ..1) Access all transactions during that period for me.  2) How long it takes  3) How much does it cost.

Yes I might just walk in bank and ask ...but in the meantime any answers appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

Anyway does anyone know if the bank can ..1) Access all transactions during that period for me.  2) How long it takes  3) How much does it cost.

1 Yes

2 Instant

3 Nothing

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

I might just walk in bank and ask

If you had done that you would already have what you need.

In Thailand I always subscribe to the bank's SMS service which will text you whenever there are any movements on your account. Or use their internet banking service regularly.

I am getting sms on my phone and have some concerns about it and other things. The bank wants to fix it but I am having a bunch of issues and concerns with Dark Web and stuff. Want to document the fix. Also a couple deposits are at issue and odds. So ....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for the replies. I did go in the bank today  and as stated was free and instant.  If I want full details of any one trasaction it would cost 500 baht though so i will avoid that. On the statement is a few 20 baht  sms fees but not bothered about that. Regarding SMS alerts, I do get these for any shop/restaurant purchases i make  but it doesnt notify me when I use atm for cash. I guess thats pretty standard. I only need to know nobobys putting through extra  bogus transactions on my card.

4 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Thanks for the replies. I did go in the bank today  and as stated was free and instant.  If I want full details of any one trasaction it would cost 500 baht though so i will avoid that. On the statement is a few 20 baht  sms fees but not bothered about that. Regarding SMS alerts, I do get these for any shop/restaurant purchases i make  but it doesnt notify me when I use atm for cash. I guess thats pretty standard. I only need to know nobobys putting through extra  bogus transactions on my card.

I get an sms alert from my Kasikorn savings account for every transaction in and out including ATM withdrawals and transfers.

I'm often woken around 8:30 in the morning to the sound of my wire transfers arriving from abroad.

10 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Regarding SMS alerts, I do get these for any shop/restaurant purchases i make  but it doesnt notify me when I use atm for cash. I guess thats pretty standard.

All my Thai banks send me an SMS for cash withdrawals.

SMS services vary from Thai bank to bank.  For some banks you need to pay a monthly fee of around Bt20 to get an SMS on all transactions occurring.  Some banks offer certain debit cards that come with full or partial SMS service.   The SMS service will vary depending on whether you have a joint or single account. 

Just a variety of factors that determine what type of SMS service you are receiving and that's why you see different posters describing different levels of SMS service. 

SMS services vary from Thai bank to bank.  For some banks you need to pay a monthly fee of around Bt20 to get an SMS on all transactions occurring.  Some banks offer certain debit cards that come with full or partial SMS service.   The SMS service will vary depending on whether you have a joint or single account. 

Just a variety of factors that determine what type of SMS service you are receiving and that's why you see different posters describing different levels of SMS service. 

Indeed. Sometimes takes some figuring to be sure everything's working as it should. If I transfer a sum from one Kasikorn Bank too another (both in my name) using their mobile app I get an SMS for both the outgoing and incoming transactions, along with an email confirmation. Did a test transfer today using BKK Bank's app and got no SMS nor an email. What I can't figure is, if you're using their app, are you supposed to? Have a couple of things to sort at BKK Bank tomorrow so will ask just to check that the SMS service (registered when I opened the account) is working.

Have to say I find BKK Bank's app far less polished than Kasikorn's. Get the feeling it's more of a wrapper to their mobile site rather than an app as such. Missing things like finger print log on, cardless withdrawals and navigating between screens can be awkward. Very clunky IMO.

Posted using Tapatalk

FWIW. Sorted the Bangkok Bank SMS thing. Apparently you should get them for any transaction, regardless of how it's made, but only if it's over 500 baht. Otherwise, if you used the app, it will only be visible via the app or online.

Posted using Tapatalk

Regarding Bangkok Bank SMS service...some partial quotes from the weblink below

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/SMS-Services/SMS-Account-Alert

Report your account transactions

Once you have enrolled you will receive an SMS advising you of these activities in your account: 

• 500 baht or more is transferred into or out of your account. 
  • Cheque deposit results and amended transactions. 
  • Transfers or payments via the automatic system. 
  • Weekly account summary. 
  • Any amount is transferred into your account via PromptPay as well as daily account summary.
  • In addition, you will also receive advice about the latest card promotions and other news.
Terms and Conditions
  • The service is available for Bangkok Bank personal savings and current accounts only. 
  • The service is not available for joint accounts. 
  • Enrollment is via a Bangkok Bank branch (please provide identification documents and passbooks) or by calling Bualuang Phone. 
  • Each of your mobile phone numbers can only have one account. 
  • Each deposit account can register only one mobile phone number. 
  • The mobile phone number to receive the SMS alert can be changed at a Bangkok Bank branch or by calling Bualuang Phone 1333. Bangkok Bank cannot be held responsible for any information sent to other people if the number is entered incorrectly or is not updated.

Very good question concerning Kasikorn Bank.  I like You, don't update my bankbook every month. I did mid january  and as you say cannot see all the transactions, which bothers me too. Some big amounts is put in the book in and out probably summary of transactions in the interim

I think I will pay the 500 B as you later mentioned just to be able to understand an feel sure about it all. 

Archived