Biker dies after hitting U-turn bridge wall and falling ten meters to his death

webfact

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously that might be true. But there could be other reasons and some of those reasons might be out of the riders control.

I find it strange when people come to conclusions without having all the evidence.

What's the point of blaming the rider if you are not sure if it was his fault?

RIP

No other vehicle was involved, so it seems it was down to rider error!

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

No ideas how often this happens, but it's quite regular..

I used to live not far from there and on the way home there was an overhead U with two lanes that always had fairly fast moving traffic on it.

Just to the right of me one evening a bike touched the rear of a pick up and high sided the couple that were on the bike.

The guy wasn't badly hurt but his wife who was obviously pregnant landed on the back of her head. All the traffic stopped and it was horrible to see her bleed out very quickly on the road. Nothing anyone could have done.

The scene kept coming back to me for quite a long time.

A helmet might have saved her.

Obviously a helmet wouldn't have done much for the guy in todays story.

17 hours ago, lipflipper said:

excessive speed going into that bend had anything to do with inability to control his superbike????

Before "excessive speed" was lack of brains!

Oh, and "brake failure" (AKA brain failure)? ????

Condolences to his family.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, NCC1701A said:

target fixation and counter steering.

the truth is most people have no idea what to do in a emergency on two wheels. 

True, and of those who do know what to do its even less who actually manage to do it within an actual emergency.

11 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

True, and of those who do know what to do its even less who actually manage to do it within an actual emergency.

Your so right. Going back 40 years or so ago, I had a car suddenly do a right hand turn in front of me, no warning/indicators, so rather than hit the car head on in to its side I just layed the bike down so it "cushioned" me on impact. I stood up and walked away from it all. Not the only time I've had to lay a bike down to lessen my chances of injury/death. Better than going over the 'bars! Just saying...........

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:07 AM, Lupatria said:

As it is quite normal here to always find somebody else to blame, I'd think the grannies are the culprits. They did it several times before.

I guess a little levity is okay in this tragic post (flashing grannies).

RIP deceased.

59 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Your so right. Going back 40 years or so ago, I had a car suddenly do a right hand turn in front of me, no warning/indicators, so rather than hit the car head on in to its side I just layed the bike down so it "cushioned" me on impact. I stood up and walked away from it all. Not the only time I've had to lay a bike down to lessen my chances of injury/death. Better than going over the 'bars! Just saying...........

Super quick reaction. Good on you. Doubt that I could pull that one off.

13 hours ago, neeray said:

Super quick reaction. Good on you. Doubt that I could pull that one off.

I always worked on the basis of, if "trouble" happens what is the best way of handling it. Guess it was just about being prepared (armed forces training?) for an unpalatable event.

Besides which, I am a "chicken sh$t" about getting injured (self preservation?). ????

Archived