Biker dies after hitting U-turn bridge wall and falling ten meters to his death

webfact

Biker dies after hitting U-turn bridge wall and falling ten meters to his death

9pm.jpg

Thai Rath reported on a road accident that they said involved a "Big Bike" that hit the wall of a U-turn bridge on Ratchapreuk Road north west of Bangkok. 

The victim - riding a GPX Regent bike - was named as 27 year old Ritthichai from Buri Ram.

He had just been to a job interview in Pathum Thani and was on his way home to Bang Bua Thong. 

He suffered head trauma and a broken neck after failing to negotiate the bend on the bridge and falling onto the road surface below.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29

5 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

Gosh, do you suppose that his excessive speed going into that bend had anything to do with inability to control his superbike????

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i think that maybe the inference when using the expression superbike. It doesn't look very super to me.

But the distance he landed from the bridge gives some indication.

5 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

Gosh, do you suppose that his excessive speed going into that bend had anything to do with inability to control his superbike????

Obviously that might be true. But there could be other reasons and some of those reasons might be out of the riders control.

I find it strange when people come to conclusions without having all the evidence.

What's the point of blaming the rider if you are not sure if it was his fault?

RIP

27 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

i think that maybe the inference when using the expression superbike. It doesn't look very super to me.

…and that indication could be that he was not travelling excessively fast.

Kinetic energy is a very powerful force, when a moving object hits a solid stationary object it doesn't just drop vertically to the ground, it carries on moving, initially at the same speed that it was moving immediately before striking the obstacle.

I would say anything bigger than 150cc small bike is too big for an average sized Thai adult. I've seen a few barely able to place both legs on the floor during emergency braking and ended up falling. Maybe they should design big bikes lowered for the market here. 

As I always said, I wouldn’t  allow a thai person to ride/drive anything with an engine, for a start they haven’t got any kind of training whatsoever, not awareness either consideration towards other motorists or else,  just high ego in their little mind!

I risk my life riding on my scooter every day and I have near misses at any given moment whilst riding, I try to go around them since they’re all over the place, without looking where they’re going, they simply can’t drive in a straight line for a few yards, it’s hard to predict what they’re going to do next since they don’t even think of looking into the mirrors most take them off ????????‍♂️

Naturally, I find pointless to teach or show thai people how to drive/ride anything with an engine, as we all know they just do not listen..

3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What a nonsense are you spouting mate? What about sand/gravel/oil being on the tarmac in the corner? I've seen that plenty of times...there's a lot of construction going on there.

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

I would say anything bigger than 150cc small bike is too big for an average sized Thai adult. I've seen a few barely able to place both legs on the floor during emergency braking and ended up falling. Maybe they should design big bikes lowered for the market here. 

Many even can't get both feet on the ground while sitting on a scoopy.

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

Maybe they should design big bikes lowered for the market here. 

That's a good idea, while they're at it, what about modified brake pedals on cars, trucks etc. All these excuses for 'brakes not working' could be that the drivers can't reach the brake pedals.

They call everything with two wheels big bike over here, where I’m from we call motorcycles by its name, unless it’s a proper track focused super bike of at least 1000 cc.

There’s only super stupidity in abondance here and naturally lack of any driving training, nothing else, just accidents waiting to happen at any given moment !

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

He may have been hit by a pickup and flung into the position he's in now

Archived