Agencies keen to produce aircraft repair experts

webfact

Agencies keen to produce aircraft repair experts

78c5b1d4ac557982a21d4d23635f53e9_small.jpg

Four agencies are expediting the production of skilled workers with expertise in aviation mechanics.

The Ministry of Transport has sought cooperation from Airbus, Triumph Aviation Services Asia, Triumph Structures (Thailand), and Senior Aerospace (Thailand) to launch four training courses, described as aircraft maintenance, aviation communication, aviation structural mechanics, and ground equipment maintenance, hoping to produce 350 skilled technicians on a yearly basis by 2021.

At present, the country is only able to train 180 aviation technicians a year.

The move is intended to support the expansion of U-Tapao Airport and the construction of an aircraft maintenance and repair center in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-01-30

19 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Asking people who can't even maintain their own vehicles to repair aircrafts. Soon we can see aircrafts with brake failures!

If that happens there will ben an outcry because everything needs to be logged and if they don't do that and there is an accident the investigators will know that and reputation will go down and a public outcry will happen.

Aircraft repairs go wrong in many countries US included but usually get traced back and the people who did it get punished if its negligence. You can't just repair an aircraft without adequate documentation. There are guidelines for that I am sure even the Thais can't screw that up because it will be noticed by other experts.

Aircraft maintenance has a long history in Thailand thanks to the American influence during the Vietnam war period. Thai mechanics were trained and then maintained a large fleet of military aircraft during that time. Later, a large maintenance facility operated at DM airport (ex AirAsia team.) It is a matter of regulation to ensure only qualified mechanics are allowed to maintain aircraft and that may a problem.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Agencies keen to produce aircraft repair experts, they are calling for any rice farmer with a screwdriver and pliers to come forward and sign up.:cheesy:

Let's pray it's not a retraining program for crane operators who survived in their last job.

As a retired aircraft engineer with 33 years service I know the industry inside out.

From being apprenticed at the age of 16 all the way up to being a departmental manager.

The thought of these trainees coming from god knows what background undertaking some sort of training scheme to promote them to be an aircraft engineer is almost scary!

Not just the engineers, what about the inspection procedures?

1st inspection, 2nd inspection final clearances before flights, documents signed & stamped off by who?

I'm not sure what these guys know what they're getting themselves into.. now or in the future when it all goes horribly wrong!

59 minutes ago, robblok said:

If that happens there will ben an outcry because everything needs to be logged and if they don't do that and there is an accident the investigators will know that and reputation will go down and a public outcry will happen.

Aircraft repairs go wrong in many countries US included but usually get traced back and the people who did it get punished if its negligence. You can't just repair an aircraft without adequate documentation. There are guidelines for that I am sure even the Thais can't screw that up because it will be noticed by other experts.

Stored A340s?

I seem to recall reading that one of the reasons it is so difficult to find buyers is that the paperwork is a touch sketchy in some areas!

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Stored A340s?

sorry JAG you will have to give me a little more to go on, I don't recall what your talking about I am sorry. Just know what I have seen in documentaries about airplane disasters and how maintenance books have to be kept. Countries just can't deviate from that because if they do they will be in a lot of trouble if anything happens and the manufacturer its experts come to check. 

Such documentaries are quite enlightening and I know all about Thailands culture, however I also know that Thailand has some really bright minds and people can be taught things.  

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Heaven help us! 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Agencies keen to produce aircraft repair experts, they are calling for any rice farmer with a screwdriver and pliers to come forward and sign up.:cheesy:

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

Asking people who can't even maintain their own vehicles to repair aircrafts. Soon we can see aircrafts with brake failures!

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

As a retired aircraft engineer with 33 years service I know the industry inside out.

From being apprenticed at the age of 16 all the way up to being a departmental manager.

The thought of these trainees coming from god knows what background undertaking some sort of training scheme to promote them to be an aircraft engineer is almost scary!

Not just the engineers, what about the inspection procedures?

1st inspection, 2nd inspection final clearances before flights, documents signed & stamped off by who?

I'm not sure what these guys know what they're getting themselves into.. now or in the future when it all goes horribly wrong!

The antagonists, yesterday men and inveterate Thai bashers doth rejoice loudly this morning.

Before any of you with negative comments board a plane again in Thailand think about who has serviced and signed off on the aircraft ????

Scary - I know, but they have been servicing aircraft for a long time now, there's no reason they cant continue and improve. ????

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The antagonists, yesterday men and inveterate Thai bashers doth rejoice loudly this morning.

Having a bad day dear?

Never mind, maybe Somchai will give you a crack with his hammer, that should fix it.????

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sorry Colin this shows a lack of Asian experience.

Any experienced old hand would know it would take two farmers, they work in pairs. As one guy only has a screwdriver and his "friend" only has pliers.

Sawasdeekrup; i am experienced Aircraft fix man from Thailan'; you want see my paperwork, i buy it only yesterday, all velly good, now i know everyfing about how to fix Plane.   Before i was plummer who fix leak but not quite and before that i was bilder of quality concrete post and even before that i sweep floor in market and all good many jobs.   I dream to be driver of High Speed Train later but nobody have paper to sell for that job yet !

5 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Aircraft maintenance has a long history in Thailand thanks to the American influence during the Vietnam war period. Thai mechanics were trained and then maintained a large fleet of military aircraft during that time. Later, a large maintenance facility operated at DM airport (ex AirAsia team.) It is a matter of regulation to ensure only qualified mechanics are allowed to maintain aircraft and that may a problem.

All of that notwithstanding, I hope they put a prominent notice on aircraft saying:

"This aircraft serviced and repaired by certified THAI ground crew".

Won't get me on any such aircraft, nossir, no way. Kiss of death.

Archived