32" Lcd Tv For B20,000 At Lotus

Smithson

Has anyone had any experience with HAIER (spelling?) brand? Lotis is selling 32" LCD for B20,000, which is half the price of the next cheapest model.

It has a 3 yr gaurantee, so I'm really interested in buying it, but am a little nervous because of the cheap brand. I'd be interested to hear ppl's opinions.

Has anyone had any experience with HAIER (spelling?) brand? Lotis is selling 32" LCD for B20,000, which is half the price of the next cheapest model.

It has a 3 yr gaurantee, so I'm really interested in buying it, but am a little nervous because of the cheap brand. I'd be interested to hear ppl's opinions.

Had a HAIER window aircon back home and it was a piece of garabge.

I have looked into televisions in Thailand and elsewhere for that matter.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for. Its not an objective thing though, is a Haier TV half as good as say a Panasonic. That is up to you!

I would say if you like it then buy it, if you don't then don't. Have to say that the finish is impressive for such a cheap set.

Its piano black right?

2nd largest whiteware manufacture in the world.I have a standard 29"TV.No prob for 4 years....nor would I expect it too either...

When I first saw them the salesman told me it was a sale to promote the brand, there were plenty in stock and it would end on the 26th,

I've just been to Lotus and found that there were none left, 'Sold out in a few days' another salesman said, "We only had four and they wanted to clear stock", I suppose this is so they could reduce the price on the major brands. 32" Panasonic's are now selling for B29,000

Friends ...you all missed the point.

32 inch lcd tv : But what model ..as they usually have this size with models from pure crap to top quality.

Therefore you MUST get the model no. if you want to check it out.

NB did you not notice on the Amazon site the model was an HDTV set..the one in Lotus wasn't

32 inch lcd tv : But what model ..as they usually have this size with models from pure crap to top quality.

NB did you not notice on the Amazon site the model was an HDTV set..the one in Lotus wasn't

The set in Lotus is HDTV ready. I'm a TV engineer but I haven't come across this make before, but I did have a quick look at it in Lotus. The picture quality seemed pretty good and the sound seemed ok although it's hard to judge in that sort of shop environment. I've no idea what the reliability would be like but giving it a 3 year garantee would seem to suggest the manufacturers/Lotus are fairly confident. Ithought it was pretty good value for money. By the way you've missed the boat on the special offer price, I noticed yesterday it was back up to 30,000 baht. There latest offer is on a Samsung LCD set which IMO is one of the best makes on the market.

The set in Lotus is HDTV ready. I'm a TV engineer but I haven't come across this make before, but I did have a quick look at it in Lotus. The picture quality seemed pretty good and the sound seemed ok although it's hard to judge in that sort of shop environment. I've no idea what the reliability would be like but giving it a 3 year garantee would seem to suggest the manufacturers/Lotus are fairly confident. Ithought it was pretty good value for money. By the way you've missed the boat on the special offer price, I noticed yesterday it was back up to 30,000 baht. There latest offer is on a Samsung LCD set which IMO is one of the best makes on the market.

I am big fan of samsung products also did you see what it sells for ? I get confused between lcd and plasma what is the difference between them thank you Ronnie

I am big fan of samsung products also did you see what it sells for ? I get confused between lcd and plasma what is the difference between them thank you Ronnie

I'm not sure but I think it was 45000 baht. LCD and plasma are totaly different systems. Very basicly plasma has 1000's of individual gas filled 'cells' trapped between the layers of the screen. When voltages are applied to the cells it causes the gas to change state and become volatile and illuminate a coloured phosphur coating in the cell to illuminate the screen. LCD screens are made up of 1000's of tiny transistors which are opaque when they are turned off but become transparent when turned on allowing light through to illuminate the screen. Plasma can only be made in larger screen sizes (over 32") and they consume far more power. LCD can be made in smaller sizes although above about 36" is more difficult to make so they're more expensive, costs are coming down though. Plasma panels also have a life span of about 7-10 years where as LCD in theory could last a lifetime although in 10 years time they would be so out of date we'd probably be throwing them away anyway. I personally think LCD is the better system but it's all down to personal opinions.

2nd largest whiteware manufacture in the world.I have a standard 29"TV.No prob for 4 years....nor would I expect it too either...

HAIER have started making big inroads in the US and i think there was even talk about then purchasing GE. i purchased a HAIER wine cooler, refrigerator and an LCD TV in Texas. all products are still working well apart from the wine cooler that empties way too fast.

i guess the key to the value in their bargain-basement price here is how well supported that 3-year warranty is?

I was in the TV business a year ago and I can tell you the factory prices from major Chinese manufactures were in the range of $650-$720 USD for 32"s 8 months ago. This is factory price so expect at least 80% markup or more in retail stores, TVs have 20% import tax or 10% if CDK plus margins for importer and retailer. Price wise, this is an extremely good deal. Haier is one of the biggest TV makers in China and they have been in business for a long time. Besides, all LCD TV panels are made in 3 countries; they are Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. Besides, you would think a TV that is made in China would be inferior compare to brands from Japan, Korea, US... But, most big TV makers have assembly plants in China and many Chinese TV makers actually make OEM TVs for other big foreign brands. If you like the picture and sound quality of this particular TV model then go for it.

I was in the TV business a year ago and I can tell you the factory prices from major Chinese manufactures were in the range of $650-$720 USD for 32"s 8 months ago. This is factory price so expect at least 80% markup or more in retail stores, TVs have 20% import tax or 10% if CDK plus margins for importer and retailer. Price wise, this is an extremely good deal. Haier is one of the biggest TV makers in China and they have been in business for a long time. Besides, all LCD TV panels are made in 3 countries; they are Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. Besides, you would think a TV that is made in China would be inferior compare to brands from Japan, Korea, US... But, most big TV makers have assembly plants in China and many Chinese TV makers actually make OEM TVs for other big foreign brands. If you like the picture and sound quality of this particular TV model then go for it.

The only problem is that the promotion ended on Sunday and our Lotus store was sold out by then. So if anyone can tell me somewhere offering similar deals I'd be very happy!

The only problem is that the promotion ended on Sunday and our Lotus store was sold out by then. So if anyone can tell me somewhere offering similar deals I'd be very happy!

Could not find a Haier LCD at Tesco Phuket but found a Philips 32" and a Samsung LA-32S71B for 29990 baht.

Both of them feeded with a low quality signal as usual seen in discount shops with ignorant staff and a guy there promoted the Philips LCD TV because it had more pixels (>1.5 mil) than the Samsung (1 mil).

Both of them have a resolution of 1366 x768 and that is 1 mil. pixels but the Samsung had a better picture.

At Phuket Central superstore shop on the second floor the same Samsung model for 39990 baht but now connected to a HDTV source and when I asked about the price difference the price was changed to 29990 baht. :o

Don't forget that the latest generation of game consoles and HD players output in HD, so whilst it would be nice to have HD broadcasts in Thailand, there is plenty of other content available.

Indeed, isn't the internet great?

By the way if you do get this HDTV, BBC HD's Planet Earth series narrated by David Attenborough is outstanding and should be high on your must see list. Absolutely breathtaking HD cinematography. By far and away the best documentary / nature programs I have ever seen.

Sorry to veer off topic , Home Pro also has a deal on at the moment for Samsung 42" LCD TV's going for THB 49,000. Payment terms are free for 3 months and interest free payments over 10 months.

I think those Samsungs are plasma, and very low res at that.

Don't forget that the latest generation of game consoles and HD players output in HD, so whilst it would be nice to have HD broadcasts in Thailand, there is plenty of other content available.

Indeed, isn't the internet great?

By the way if you do get this HDTV, BBC HD's Planet Earth series narrated by David Attenborough is outstanding and should be high on your must see list. Absolutely breathtaking HD cinematography. By far and away the best documentary / nature programs I have ever seen.

Sorry to veer off topic , Home Pro also has a deal on at the moment for Samsung 42" LCD TV's going for THB 49,000. Payment terms are free for 3 months and interest free payments over 10 months.

I think those Samsungs are plasma, and very low res at that.

No low res, the Samsung LA-32S71B is a HDTV LCD TV with a resultion of 1366 x 768 and it looks super connected on a HDTV source.

The dynamic contrast is 3000:1, the LA-XXR71 series has a 5000:1 dynamic contrast but costs a lot more.

Only analogue inputs (no DVI or HDMI) according to this review.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0...9268761p,00.htm

Is not a plasma TV but LCD and it has a HDMI input see:

http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/tv/lcdt...=Specifications

Heard from an unconfirmed source (thus completely reliable here on Thaivisa) that due to the massive demand for LCD (mostly) and Plasma's (leastly) there is not enough factories to make them. It seems as if there are only two to three companies who make the 'guts' and then the rest get branded...

that is my '2 baht'