Do you let your lady drive you on a motorbike?

Hummin

Do you let them drive you on a motorbike?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Motorbike usually I drive, car my previous gf drove as she was real good at it knew the roads better then me. 

Its arrogant to think all Thais cannot drive, some can drive quite good. 

I aggree with you, some do drive very good, but the average, do not! 

However, from where I sit right now, next to my pool, I see bikes comes and goes with big men sitting behind small tiny little girls. Got me thinking, I would never let anybody drive me, unless I was drunk. 

She's a good driver, and we attract fewer Police 'fines' when she drives - so I'm happy to be driven, but on the bike I always do the riding as she scares me!

She thinks I'm slow on the bike when in the city, I think I want to stay alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So I'm wondering how TV members do? 

My wife would never ride my motorbike her feet are nowhere near the floor in anycase.

My wife won't ride her scoot with me on the back she always gets me to drive.

55 minutes ago, robblok said:

Motorbike usually I drive, car my previous gf drove as she was real good at it knew the roads better then me. 

Its arrogant to think all Thais cannot drive, some can drive quite good. 

and that's the reason why so many accidents and dead's.... as for the the good ones must be hiding somewhere because can't see any out there

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My wife would never ride my motorbike her feet are nowhere near the floor in anycase.

My wife won't ride her scoot with me on the back she always gets me to drive.

she's smart.. she doesn't want to feel anything pocking her back ...LOL

• Haha 1

She takes 2 minutes just to try and get on the back of my ninja 650 and even on an aerox I have it's about 1 minute. I don't want to think how many seconds it would take for her to drop it if she attempted to drive it. Unless I had an old wave or click something that I didn't care about and wouldn't cost much to repair I wouldn't trust her with driving. When I see a girl driving a big bike I do think wow I wish my wife could do that and am in awe a bit I must admit haha. big kudos to those small girls on the big bikes.  

Edited by hello55060
spelling

My Wife drives the car...   I have to be careful not to be a backseat driver (well, passenger seat driver)... its sometimes hard work to keep quite when I see something, an incident developing, someone about to pull out in front of us or cut us up etc... but she seems innocently oblivious... 

She's not a poor driver..... but on a motorcycle???... I answered 'Hell No' !!!...  Well, she can't even ride a scooter / has never ridden a scooter...  but I imagine she'd be a painfully hideous liability to herself and those around her.... I love my Wife, but as politely as I can put it - she's not the most spatially aware ... so if she could ride a bike, Hell No... I'd never go on the back !!!!.... 

• Like 1

My wife is way too small riding my Versys, no way her feet can reach the ground.

She rides her scooter almost everyday for shot errands, I just bought a Filano for her replacing an aging Scoppy. 

When we go together, I ride unless I had a few beers, which happens very seldom.

Driving the truck no problem on a long trip she takes over for an hour while I sleep/relax. Got on the back of the Filano once, a km later that was enough. Lardarses on the back, not recommended, I don't make a good pillion rider even with a geezer.

A mate of mine is fatter than me and his bird is skinner than MrsB and he rides everywhere (around town) on the back.

Not for me and it has nothing to do with competance, just control authority and balance.....and, okay I am chicken too.

With the CRF she can't ride that, short legs.......

On 2/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Whenever i see this embarrassing scene i know i'm seeing either

1. A newbie.

2. A tourist.

I don't know of anyone who lives here full time that sits on the back of a moped/scooter being ridden by a 45-50 kg Thai female.

Just grow a pair.

I know two, both heavy guys and both have been here for 6 or 7 years, they go out regularly together ????. I have to disagree with you Guzzi, saying "grow a pair" I think it is 100 times more scary riding pilion like that. Have you ever taken a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok?    Jeeeeeeeeeze. Poo nearly came out.

Edited by AllanB