British man barricades self in Phuket Town condo

snoop1130

British man barricades self in Phuket Town condo

By The Phuket News

1548933334_1-org.jpg

Phuket Tourist Police attempt to talk to the man, 50-year-old David Maclea, at the condo earlier today (Jan 31). photo: Phuket Tourist Police

PHUKET:-- Tourist Police have expressed concern for the well-being of a British man who has barricaded himself in a condo in Phuket Town for more than two weeks.

The man, 50-year-old David Maclean, has not left the condo, at Supalai Park, since Jan 14.

Capt Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police and fellow officers arrived at the condo today (Jan 31) to try to resolve the dispute.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-barricades-self-in-phuket-town-condo-70236.php#goWxDvSU4s01CbZQ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-31

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, baansgr said:

Being 50, I think hes just heard the latest news of retirement extensions,

i dont think its about not getting receipts for payment of rent , he could have paid the rent directly with her the owner , he is just wanting to stay there free of charge , he is scum and should be removed , he could even go stay somewhere else if he was scared of owners family , when he is taken out he should be jailed till he pays also 

Something doesn't sound right in this story. 

He checked in October.  Usually it's a month's rent in advance. So, that October paid up. 

His version is, the landlady sends her kids around to collect the rent, which he says he paid.  This suggests the kids have not passed the rent onto their mother, and told her he has not paid.  Of course, the kid's story would be, he simply hasn't paid.

He, or the kids, get away with this for the months of November, and December, and half of January, before action is taken.   

I doubt a Thai landlord would go without rent for two an one half month'.  So, that leaves me thinking he has paid, and given he has been barricaded inside for the last 2 weeks, he only has 2 more weeks to go, to use the condo that he has paid for. 

Stick at it Khun David.  Walk out the door, a free man, the day your rent is due.  ???? 

It's always interesting to read comments to stories like this.

There are few facts and I think there are lots of possibilities about what is going on there.

But it seems some people who write comments know already exactly what happened - at least they think so.

It says a lot more about the people who write the comments than about this incident.

22 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

i dont think its about not getting receipts for payment of rent , he could have paid the rent directly with her the owner , he is just wanting to stay there free of charge , he is scum and should be removed , he could even go stay somewhere else if he was scared of owners family , when he is taken out he should be jailed till he pays also 

Why would anyone pay without getting a receipt, especially in Thailand, doesn't make sense.

22 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Wow, that's a bit harsh. Why such a condemning comment when you know <deleted> about the situation ?

37 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Something doesn't sound right in this story. 

He checked in October.  Usually it's a month's rent in advance. So, that October paid up. 

His version is, the landlady sends her kids around to collect the rent, which he says he paid.  This suggests the kids have not passed the rent onto their mother, and told her he has not paid.  Of course, the kid's story would be, he simply hasn't paid.

He, or the kids, get away with this for the months of November, and December, and half of January, before action is taken.   

I doubt a Thai landlord would go without rent for two an one half month'.  So, that leaves me thinking he has paid, and given he has been barricaded inside for the last 2 weeks, he only has 2 more weeks to go, to use the condo that he has paid for. 

Stick at it Khun David.  Walk out the door, a free man, the day your rent is due.  ???? 

His version is, the landlady sends her kids around to collect the rent, which he says he paid.  This suggests the kids have not passed the rent onto their mother,

read the article; they are not 'kids' (minors) they are adults - it is misleading reporting

15 minutes ago, samsensam said:

His version is, the landlady sends her kids around to collect the rent, which he says he paid.  This suggests the kids have not passed the rent onto their mother,

read the article; they are not 'kids' (minors) they are adults - it is misleading reporting

I did read the article.  Did you????

I was fully aware the kids were adults.  I never thought they were 12 years old, for example.  The article also states they were adults.

How is this "misleading reporting?"

54 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

Pretty strong words from someone who also has no facts but bases his interpretation on OP and the original article. Mr Maclean could have called you scum for jumping to conclusions, but he's a better man than that.

Khun David, if you are reading this, broadcast some live video from your condo fortress.

It could go viral, and you may be offered refugee status, in a county of your choice.   ????????

If you are running short of supplies, perhaps some drone deliveries can be arranged, if you commit to an exclusive interview, after you come out.  ????

Just now, NamKangMan said:

Khun David, if you are reading this, broadcast some live video from your condo fortress.

It could go viral, and you may be offered refugee status, in a county of your choice.   ????????

If you are running short of supplies, perhaps some drone deliveries can be arranged, if you commit to an exclusive interview, after you come out.  ????

But make sure you put on a clean shirt first.

If his claims are true why did he not just up and leave as soon as he didn't get a receipt for payment or require bank info for bank deposite. That way there is proof if payment. But even then ar this state why wouldn't he have just left instead of staying there at the first mention of non payment. Things don't make sense at all and far more to this story then what is being told ir released. 

Instead he gave a detailed description of events, including dates, times, names and places, of how the rent was no longer being collected as the landlady had sent her adult children to collect the rent, but refused to give receipts for rent paid.

so seems he didn't pay the rent?

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Much more likely that the Thai landlady is pulling some scam, or not issuing receipts because she doesnt declare the income, or that her children are trying to scam both her and the tenant.

In Thailand there's a new scam every day and in my experience farangs are more often the victims than the perpetrators.

Trust no one.

Archived