Can I Get Arrested for Overstay if I don't have 800K in the bank?

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As far as you can see?
More like as far you can just make up out of thin air.

There is NO INFORMATION whatsoever available at this point in time about the enforcement mechanics of this most recent onerous new police order.

Hold fire Jing, I am supprised at the curtness of your post, you are normally a sensible poster. Maybe its cultural. "As far as I can see" means to me that yes I know there is "no information" (notice the absence of capital letters), but in my opinion, which is as valid as anyone on this site. I think you know Jomtien immigration. Here the 90 day report is probably as easy as anywhere in Thailand. Just present your passport with the last slip and you are in and out in 10 minutes. All the desks are separated with each desk having their own responsibility and have no interest in anything other than their own area. Do you seriously think that when you do a 90 day report that they will want to check your bank balance. Nonsence its never going to happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimn said:

Hold fire Jing, I am supprised at the curtness of your post, you are normally a sensible poster. Maybe its cultural. "As far as I can see" means to me that yes I know there is "no information" (notice the absence of capital letters), but in my opinion, which is as valid as anyone on this site. I think you know Jomtien immigration. Here the 90 day report is probably as easy as anywhere in Thailand. Just present your passport with the last slip and you are in and out in 10 minutes. All the desks are separated with each desk having their own responsibility and have no interest in anything other than their own area. Do you seriously think that when you do a 90 day report that they will want to check your bank balance. Nonsence its never going to happen. 

Fiction and speculation. Wait for facts.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 9:36 AM, Khaeng Mak said:

Can I get arrested for overstay at the airport and put in the IDC because my extension is no longer valid (Because I don't have 800K or even 400K in a Thai bank).

This is a valid question. I guess nobody has answer to this. According to half-baked crazy idea, one could certainly. Unless another police order specifically spells out the punishment for emptying the bank after "permitted to stay" is granted. 

• Like 1

I need the facts right now. Or I could potentially face a 5 year ban for overstay.

If you need the facts right now, why are you asking people who are not IO? Go to your local immigration office and ask them, in fact refuse to leave till you get an answer. You'd better take a change of clothes and a tent as you might be there a while!

You have the phone number of an immigration officer?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/1/2019 at 2:14 PM, Khaeng Mak said:

If the war is lost, then I, and my family are now refugees.  Why all the hate.  Why do they want to tear me from my family? I just don't get it? Why am I the enemy?

• ??  Have you and your family been kicked out of Thailand.  This is not Myanmar, or China.
  • I see zero hate, this is your perception, not mine
  • Are you going somewhere??, have you been notified you are now the Enemy of the State, and have to leave Thailand??
  • If you think it's dangerous to post on TVF, don't do it.........I was a member for a number of years before my first post - you might want to change your TVF name to something more appropriate as you obviously are clueless, and do not Khaeng Maak at all.
  • I have been associated with Thailand since 1969, lived here a number of years off and on since then and I certainly don;t see the sky is falling like yourself.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

How would immigration know you took money out of the bank? Do you really think immigration will be calling banks to confirm it still there?

It would not be a problem until you went to apply for your next extension and saw that you had not left 400k baht in bank. They would then not accept your application and you would then have to leave the country.

Aaaah finally the voice of reason, this is how I was thinking...............

On 2/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, jackdd said:

No, i don't think this and did never say this.

I just think that the IO might check a foreigner's banking documents from the previous year when the foreigner applies for the next extension.

I agree that is a possibility. 

• Like 1