65k monthly income

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if two deposits from my UK bank to my Thai account of 654,000 02/08/2018 and 184,000 06/12/2018 will be sufficient as proof of monthly income or does it literally have to be as the label says 65k every month?

TIA

Sharon

7 minutes ago, shaznay said:

How can I prove 12 months if I've just started down this route? Makes no sense. I'm not receiving a state pension. I've rented a property out.

You can show less than 12 months since the new requirement just came into effect. Just show as many transfers as you can when you apply.

The immigration commissioner sent a memorandum to all offices that they should be flexible and lenient this year.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, shaznay said:

How can I prove 12 months if I've just started down this route? Makes no sense. I'm not receiving a state pension. I've rented a property out.

Same me,  can not show any money from a pension but my income from my investment is enough.

• Like 1

So please forgive me but I'm wondering if I show a USA bank statement that shows the equivalent of a Bt30k withdrawal twice a month & a Bangkok Bank statement showing deposits of Bt30k on the same day will that suffice using the combination method ... (Bt200k in BBK account)? Thoughts? I live in Chiang Mai.

Edited by ryldar
needed to clarify location

12 minutes ago, ryldar said:

So please forgive me but I'm wondering if I show a USA bank statement that shows the equivalent of a Bt30k withdrawal twice a month & a Bangkok Bank statement showing deposits of Bt30k on the same day will that suffice using the combination method ... (Bt200k in BBK account)? Thoughts?

I believe they didn't care of US bank statement. 

Only Thai bank account showing required deposits from abroad. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, keithet said:

I believe they didn't care of US bank statement. 

Only Thai bank account showing required deposits from abroad. 

How does Immigration know if the monthly deposits are from"abroad?" The monthly deposits that I have transferred from my US bank account show up in my Thai bank account book as domestic deposits from Thai Military Bank.

Edited by billsmart
Added some information.

12 minutes ago, billsmart said:

How does Immigration know if the monthly deposits are from"abroad?" The monthly deposits that I have transferred from my US bank account show up in my Thai bank account book as domestic deposits from Thai Military Bank.

I have the same problem. 

• Sad 1

Ubonjoe;

My incomes from Abroad Social Security in the pasts years was 65.000.+baht at 39/40/42/ - Euro.

Now at 36.-Bahts/Euro the result is about 776.000.-

not enough for the 800.000.-

Any sugestion please?

Edited by Tarteso

17 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Ubonjoe;

My incomes from Abroad Social Security in the pasts years was 65.000.+baht at 39/40/42/ - Euro.

Now at 36.-Bahts/Euro the result is about 776.000.-

not enough for the 800.000.-

Any sugestion please?

- Use "money in bank" method

- Use "money in bank" + income combination method

- Send 25k THB back home using a service like https://www.dee.money/ and send it back to your Thai bank by regular bank transfer, then it looks like you have 800k income

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

- Use "money in bank" method

- Use "money in bank" + income combination method

- Send 25k THB back home using a service like https://www.dee.money/ and send it back to your Thai bank by regular bank transfer, then it looks like you have 800k income

Thanks jackdd! This situation is new for me. I’ll follow your advice.

Edited by Tarteso

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state you must show a monthly income of 65k baht.

image.png.dbfe87bac1cce5eebeff90ea138fdb6d.png

However in the latest police order (January) one of the options are "depositing annual earnings and funds totaling not less than 800,000 up to the filing date."  That seems to supersede the 65K per month option.

9 minutes ago, HHTel said:

However in the latest police order (January) one of the options are "depositing annual earnings and funds totaling not less than 800,000 up to the filing date."  That seems to supersede the 65K per month option.

They 65k baht requirement does not apply if using the combination option. That has been discussed before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Makes no sense does it.  $65k baht monthly or $780K baht deposited over the course of a year.  However this is government and who ever said anything they do makes sense. 

While I agree with you, I imagine the thinking is that you are showing a regular monthly income stream. The obsession with monthly as opposed to quarterly or whatever seems to stem from the (unwarranted) belief that all sources of retirement income ( which they seem to believe are solely pensions) is received on a monthly basis.

The embassy letters, at least the American one, was framed in terms of monthly income (even though I admit my calculations involved some averaging on my part).

I had an issue where I had proof I deposited every few month in excess of the 65K. I was told I will no longer be able to prove this way next year. I added a new account with Bangkok and transfer January as well as 4,000 USD additional I change to direct deposit to Bangkok Bank NY, NY USA. All I will need is to bring my passbook and letter from bank saying I am who is on this sole account.

3 hours ago, ryldar said:

So please forgive me but I'm wondering if I show a USA bank statement that shows the equivalent of a Bt30k withdrawal twice a month & a Bangkok Bank statement showing deposits of Bt30k on the same day will that suffice using the combination method ... (Bt200k in BBK account)? Thoughts? I live in Chiang Mai.

Read my post please. I was at CM two weeks back and they did not review the US bank monthly deposits to my bank in excess of 74K

28 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

While I agree with you, I imagine the thinking is that you are showing a regular monthly income stream. The obsession with monthly as opposed to quarterly or whatever seems to stem from the (unwarranted) belief that all sources of retirement income ( which they seem to believe are solely pensions) is received on a monthly basis.

The embassy letters, at least the American one, was framed in terms of monthly income (even though I admit my calculations involved some averaging on my part).

The Thai's discovered that the affidavit was never verified at the US Embassy. I was told by the agent two weeks ago many Americans who were lying and had to leave. The 800K in a Thai bank is also being challenged for falsification. Sorry if your not compliant.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The Thai's discovered that the affidavit was never verified at the US Embassy. I was told by the agent two weeks ago many Americans who were lying and had to leave. The 800K in a Thai bank is also being challenged for falsification. Sorry if your not compliant.

Not sure what you're sorry about. I just renewed for another year using the US embassy income letter ... good now to January 2020. And I've put over baht 800,000 in my Thai bank account where it will sit untouched for future yearly extensions.

I'm well aware of the changes that have been discussed ad nauseum for several months on TV.

Sorry if you think you're revealing late breaking news. My reference to the "monthly" in the former embassy letter was solely to provide a possible explanation of why immigrations wants monthly deposits now if you use the new "income" method.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It does not say PENSION, it says INCOME, into a Thai Bank, every month, 65k, DO NOT MISS A PAYMENT.   LOL

I’m glad it says income. I did my first retirement extension in late January using 800,000 baht in my account.  This month I will start transferring at least 65k every month.  Since I rolled my lump sum pension into my existing self directed IRA I am living off of my earnings.  I feel that I should be ok next January for my next extension since I will be able to show 12 monthly transfers of at least 65k.  At Bangkok Bank my book shows that these are foreign funds transfers.  It is my understanding that I should be able to use this money throughout the year. No need to tie it up.

• Thanks 2

Side note, anyone from the States using the Bangkok Bank ACH transfer method, that is being discontinued April 19th.  I tried to do a transfer 2 weeks ago and found that BKK Bank had already disconnected my linked account to Chase. So come up with another monthly transfer option soon before you find yourself unlinked also.