65k monthly income

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This.

image.png.408cf220a728ad8683f96c70c9a3f90c.png

Hi Joe,

I’ve just been for my 90-Day report at Phetchabun and I took along a ‘paper-trail’ of the money I send to myself every month from my UK Bank, via TransferWise, to one of my Thai banks. I typically send £2000 per month which presently exceeds the 65K ThB at the current exchange rates. My Retirement Extension isn’t due until the end of September but I wanted my ducks in a row prior to that.

immigration told me that I have to get a letter from my bank to confirm the receipt of these monies for my September 2019 application but that my NEXT extension in 2020 has to show 800,000 ThB deposited in a lump sum and NOT by monthly deposits! I’ve studiously read all the official docs and can’t find a referral to Phetchabun’s stance. Are they right?

16 hours ago, billsmart said:

How does Immigration know if the monthly deposits are from"abroad?" The monthly deposits that I have transferred from my US bank account show up in my Thai bank account book as domestic deposits from Thai Military Bank.

It is up to you to make that clear. Try to make transfers that show up as International in the passbook or any statement. Whether immigration will accept supporting paperwork from say your US bank is not really known at this time, and may also vary region to region. People are making efforts to ensure their transfers show up as foreign. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They 65k baht requirement does not apply if using the combination option. That has been discussed before.

I know it has been discussed before, many many times, but still no definitive answer.

Does the Combo method mean that someone can bring into Thailand say 500k in dribs & drabs (English expression), and top it up to 800k the week before extension?

Or say he has 400k in a bank account from anywhere, can he do 10 x 40k transfers or say 4 x 100k , and spend whatever he wants/needs of that money. Total into Thailand stil = 800k.

Edited by wgdanson

31 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I know it has been discussed before, many many times, but still no definitive answer.

Does the Combo method mean that someone can bring into Thailand say 500k in dribs & drabs (English expression), and top it up to 800k the week before extension?

Or say he has 400k in a bank account from anywhere, can he do 10 x 40k transfers or say 4 x 100k , and spend whatever he wants/needs of that money. Total into Thailand stil = 800k.

The same rules for the income part to of the combination option are the same as the 65k baht income option. You will have to show 12 months of income coming into the country. But the amount could vary a little due to exchange rates changes. Then 2 months before applying for the extension you would have work out a total annual income to determine how much you would need in the bank on the date you apply.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The same rules for the income part to of the combination option are the same as the 65k baht income option. You will have to show 12 months of income coming into the country. But the amount could vary a little due to exchange rates changes. Then 2 months before applying for the extension you would have work out a total annual income to determine how much you would need in the bank on the date you apply.

Thanks Joe, exactly what I wanted to hear. And that is what my IO was meaning, I think.

Edited by wgdanson

27 minutes ago, wazzadg44 said:

If you look at post 2 and 8 from Ubon Joe,both notices say "pension" not just income.

ok, so how do they prove its a pension vs income?

if the bank book shows X1

Joe said in post #2

The rules state you must show a monthly income of 65k baht.