Remote control abuse: what to do?

agg211

I had given a technician remote control over my laptop to let him install software on my smartphone but he did abuse my trust by opening webpages in order to push me to buy something.

I'm a bit afraid that he still has remote access to my laptop and maybe also to my smartphone. If I reinstall a new Windows and also do a factory reset of my smartphone would that make it impossible for him to have access to these two devices?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What software did he use to gain access to your device? "Teamviewer" or such? Then best just remove this software and you are safe. Or if you are internet-savy, just remove his "permission" on said software. If you google:  remove software on  "apple? windows 7? windows 10? android?"  etc. you will find easy instructions. Unlikely he has access to your phone. Good luck MS>

What software did he use to gain access to your device? "Teamviewer" or such? Then best just remove this software and you are safe. Or if you are internet-savy, just remove his "permission" on said software. If you google:  remove software on  "apple? windows 7? windows 10? android?"  etc. you will find easy instructions. Unlikely he has access to your phone. Good luck MS>
Yes, he used TeamViewer. If I remember correctly he granted himself just 1 hour permission but I'm not internet-savvy and he was breaching my trust. I was not sure what kind of "Power" he had. But it's good to know that if I remove the TeamViewer software he will not have access to my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Archived