Just Got A Dynasat F1 Moveable Dish

hanuman1

Hi All

I just got an F1 box with moveable dish. I don't know anything at all about satellites, so need some advice. I can't seem to get hold of the Agila KU satellite channels at all, although it was all working a couple of days ago. Could someone PM me about how to receive the channels from this satellite? I was getting the 'Updating Key' message, but now I don't even get that - it's just a blank screen when i try to access a channel. I can network the F1 box to my PC, but wouldn't know what to do after that.

Any advice at all would be appreciated as right now I feel I've waved goodbye to 21,000 baht in exchange for very little. I would also appreciate if you could point me in the direction of any informative websites on this topic.

Thanks a lot for your help.

H.

The Dream channel from the Philippines is scrambling their transmission. You will probably see that it is unblocked occasionally. Since you have a movable dish you still have many other English free programming options.

You can even get the Thai 24 hour news in English on TOC channel on the NSS6 satellite

Or the Voice of America over on Asiasat 2 I think it is?

This forum will not allow the discussion of how to receive scrambled transmissions.

The Dream channel from the Philippines is scrambling their transmission. You will probably see that it is unblocked occasionally. Since you have a movable dish you still have many other English free programming options.

You can even get the Thai 24 hour news in English on TOC channel on the NSS6 satellite

Or the Voice of America over on Asiasat 2 I think it is?

This forum will not allow the discussion of how to receive scrambled transmissions.

I am sure "the Baron" will pm you,,,but I strongly advise you to purchase a X-Sat 410 cdtv receiver or like the baron a DM500 the silver box is only good for finding a new sat. or as a planter.........but JG can give you all the info......Good Luck

(

You would have been much better off getting the 'DREAMBOX' with the DMove system..

The problem with the F1 box and Agulia KU is the Key, this keeps changing and you must go to the RDI web site and look for the new key every time you lose your picture, also the weather = bad picture... Auto updating of the key appears never to work + they can change the key up to 3x per day !!

Yes I have the Move F1 box for 3 years, but last October added the [internet connected] Dreambox, this updates the KEY over the internet no problem + you get ALL of the Agulia KU channels + more on MEASAT 1KU 'ASTRO' I get some 1,366 channels on the Dreambox via all the different Sats.

You would have been much better off getting the 'DREAMBOX' with the DMove system..

The problem with the F1 box and Agulia KU is the Key, this keeps changing and you must go to the RDI web site and look for the new key every time you lose your picture, also the weather = bad picture... Auto updating of the key appears never to work + they can change the key up to 3x per day !!

Yes I have the Move F1 box for 3 years, but last October added the [internet connected] Dreambox, this updates the KEY over the internet no problem + you get ALL of the Agulia KU channels + more on MEASAT 1KU 'ASTRO' I get some 1,366 channels on the Dreambox via all the different Sats.

Hi

Do you get Astro for free or pay a monthly charge ? Also can you get multichoice with your d box ?

I thought I'd chime in here. I use my Dynasat box (it's one step up from the Silverbox) as a backup entertainment device. Usually Dream change their encryption coding methods and it leads to your box (not running the most legal method of decrypting) getting the wrong keys since (I presume) it is running the wrong algorithms. Sometimes it gets it right, every few days. I'd say half the time, not. There used to be regular firmware upgrades from Dynasat when the code algorithm changed, but as of late...not so much. I think they lost some of their business, and don't have the income to keep programmers employed. I could definitely be wrong though. www.jsat.com is a good resource for things going on, but if you email (or even call them) you could wait an eternity getting a response. If your box is able to pirate the codes, try searching the web for "dynasat firmware" and see what comes up. It will take a while to funnel through. And if you do find something that looks like it's right....double and triple check that the file is meant for your box....as it may not be and you're likely to blow the whole deal. Best of luck.

I think they lost some of their business, and don't have the income to keep programmers employed.

Hi StrongView

thanks for the tips. I think they're going to lose a whole load more business when people realise that even their top package can only offer a handful of banal English language channels nowadays. I'm starting to think that even over a period of 2-3 years I'd still have got better value going for UBC's monthly payments. Now I'm sliding down a money pit with a Dreambox (plus another fixed dish?) at the bottom.

Gutted.

H.

I thought I'd chime in here. I use my Dynasat box (it's one step up from the Silverbox) as a backup entertainment device. Usually Dream change their encryption coding methods and it leads to your box (not running the most legal method of decrypting) getting the wrong keys since (I presume) it is running the wrong algorithms. Sometimes it gets it right, every few days. I'd say half the time, not. There used to be regular firmware upgrades from Dynasat when the code algorithm changed, but as of late...not so much. I think they lost some of their business, and don't have the income to keep programmers employed. I could definitely be wrong though. www.jsat.com is a good resource for things going on, but if you email (or even call them) you could wait an eternity getting a response. If your box is able to pirate the codes, try searching the web for "dynasat firmware" and see what comes up. It will take a while to funnel through. And if you do find something that looks like it's right....double and triple check that the file is meant for your box....as it may not be and you're likely to blow the whole deal. Best of luck.

As mentioned jsat is excellent but wow...you pay double or even three times the Thai dealers rate for top Kiwi service.

Also they do not now offer any support for Dynasat products ! Clearly a bust up there with Dyna's owner not wanting Western know how or "to be taken over" by a Kiwi 'upstart'...however good his ideas were.

We are walking on thin ice here.

Do realize that watching pay TV channels using equipment designed to receive them without paying for them is illegal!

So keep the discussion very low on details, better to communicate through PM!

One word of advice, ALL these systems rely on a provider somewhere to either update software or send out keys. Sooner or later they will have made enough money, or they will get caught and get locked away, rendering your equipment completely useless...

Do realize that watching pay TV channels using equipment designed to receive them without paying for them is illegal!

One word of advice, ALL these systems rely on a provider somewhere to either update software or send out keys. Sooner or later they will have made enough money, or they will get caught and get locked away, rendering your equipment completely useless...

Hi Monty,

Your advice is spot on but if one accepts such a box will stop after a year or so when it becomes a FTA receiver then no harm will be done.

By the way the EU legsilation...and that covers the UK , allows one to watch any tv one wishes in the privacy of ones own home and for non commercial purposes as long as no subscription was possible in the country concerned.

As an illustration you can watch TPS or other French bouquets in the UK through hacking or card sharing and you will not be committing an offence because TPS for copyright reasons cannot / will not sell subscriptions in the UK !! Were this same law in Thailand then it would be a criminal offence to hack UBC/True but no offence to hack Astro or Multichoice.

What I know it is legal to watch paytv without paying of channels which are not sold here.

So it should be complete legal. But my knowlege is based on rumours, better check it and don't trust me :o

Nope, it is not legal in Thailand to watch Astro, multichoice or whatever!

UBC pays for each and every premium channel (HBO, star sports, cinemax, national geographic, etc) to have the sole re-transmission rights in Thailand.

It would indeed be legal if multichoice or Astro would have a package which would not contain channels for which UBC has the sole rights in Thailand!

Ultimately, anybody watching a channel for which UBC has the legal rights in Thailand is obliged to pay UBC for watching that channel.

Ever wondered why none of the cable television networks in Thailand carries HBO, Cinemax etc. ???

Which is quite unfortunate, since for example on Multichoice, I'm only interested in the supersport channels, since they show all the games UBC decides are not important for Thailand!

For this same reason, it is illegal watching Astro or Multichoice even if you'd pay for it!!!

• 1 year later...

HI, all

I came across this forum while in search for help with my Dynasat F1 silver fixed box. Ohh boy are you guys right about in putting the keys up to 3 times a day.. well that is not all, sometimes i cant find the any keys to input.. but after a while i think its worth the wait and not pay thousands of baht to UBC...

Anyways, i tried contactng Jsat and man their respond is really bad. i tried contacting Forwardsat.com where i bought my whole sat system from and trust me they never want to give out any info or updates. they always want me to fight traffic and waste my time going to them for anything. i heard of the dm500 and other realted dmxxx boxs, but its not easy to gegt a straight answer from any thai dealer satillite store. they always want to sell you what they have on thier shelves.

Now is there any recommendation on where i can get something that will replace the Dynsat f1 box.. i am getting realy fed up with it. please.... i will realy appreciate any help.....

Edited by gbetromero

Nope, it is not legal in Thailand to watch Astro, multichoice or whatever!

UBC pays for each and every premium channel (HBO, star sports, cinemax, national geographic, etc) to have the sole re-transmission rights in Thailand.

It would indeed be legal if multichoice or Astro would have a package which would not contain channels for which UBC has the sole rights in Thailand!

Ultimately, anybody watching a channel for which UBC has the legal rights in Thailand is obliged to pay UBC for watching that channel.

Ever wondered why none of the cable television networks in Thailand carries HBO, Cinemax etc. ???

Which is quite unfortunate, since for example on Multichoice, I'm only interested in the supersport channels, since they show all the games UBC decides are not important for Thailand!

For this same reason, it is illegal watching Astro or Multichoice even if you'd pay for it!!!

Is this a possible reason why UBC/true has not partnered with FOX NEws channel here? They (UBC) want exclusive rights and FOx may not be willing to give them this power and lose the cable systems they now provide a signal to.?

I assumed it was the fees were too high for the 200 odd baht per month packages..

I thought my buddy had Star Movies on his cable ?? Thats the weakest UBC movie channel perhaps ??

Now I'm sliding down a money pit with a Dreambox (plus another fixed dish?) at the bottom.

Yep, that's exactly what happens.

Anyways, i tried contactng Jsat and man their respond is really bad.

Forget jsat, totally useless after they get your money for the initial setup. You're told to scrounge around on the net for keys that sometimes briefly work. Then you need a firmware upgrade. Then you need a new box . . . and it goes on and on. In the end, you watch very little TV.

So live the real world (Thailand :o ) Go UBC or just Sophon or Banglamung cable. You can be watching something at least and preserving your sanity and your wallet. Supplement w/ fast internet and DVDs.

Forget jsat, totally useless after they get your money for the initial setup. You're told to scrounge around on the net for keys that sometimes briefly work. Then you need a firmware upgrade. Then you need a new box . . . and it goes on and on. In the end, you watch very little TV.

Not true at all, there is only box that works with the dreamTV network and it is their box and their original subscription card.

Sure we speak our minds too and tell many people to pull their woolly heads in when someone calls demanding (not asking) codes or upgrades about this network. We have neither. Just for the record, we have not sold this DreamTV network for over two years now and stopped supporting it at the same time, which was and still is mentioned all over our web site.

If you are or were one of our customers you will have even received an email to this effect at the time all that happened. Although all the English support details are still there on our web site, and we are the only company (not even the manufacturer provides the material we did and still do) to provide this and videos included and still on the web site for all to view.

So in a nut shell this is the reason we tell people to bugger off even today and not bother us about the dreamTv network. Even if you did just buy a system off another satellite provider who will not support you (go talk to them) and who are still selling systems for the dreamTV network today even when these old boxes will no longer work after 01JUN due to the new encryption on their network takes effect about then.

Basically anyone that gets into Sat hacking better understand from the outset that theres no future guarantees.. What works today may not work tomorrow, and investments in hardware today may be wasted tomorrow.

I would say unless you find the technology interesting as a mental exercise its not worth it.. I have the equipment, multiple dreamboxes, etc and I still pay for UBC gold.. I do that so no matter what happens I have UBC working, theres always a TV signal. If other stuff comes available, drops off, can be broken, its a bonus, its fin to tinker with, but it doesnt effect my day to day feeds.

Basically anyone that gets into Sat hacking better understand from the outset that theres no future guarantees.. What works today may not work tomorrow, and investments in hardware today may be wasted tomorrow.

I would say unless you find the technology interesting as a mental exercise its not worth it.. I have the equipment, multiple dreamboxes, etc and I still pay for UBC gold.. I do that so no matter what happens I have UBC working, theres always a TV signal. If other stuff comes available, drops off, can be broken, its a bonus, its fin to tinker with, but it doesnt effect my day to day feeds.

Agreed. Well said times have indeed changed.

On the other hand as you are aware when asked in the correct manner (which you did) we do provide extra help (I refer to the first ever and released publicly DM frontend apps we wrote as examples and full working models for you and the Thai communty) i.e the Thai skins for TrueVisions and the other 8 Thai satellite networks (and Thai EPG) and Thai web interfaces for the web frontend (WebIF for EPG), the Vista Media Center interface for writing DVD's off your DM box, playing recorded movies, or watching TV on the media center - although not in the manner you required as MS Media Center's are not what we use here, we use DM boxes for this purpose [ media centers]

Edited by jsat

Agreed.. I have no dog in this fight, as I have not been a customer of yours and cannot say whether customers believed (if it was said or not, customers can make some oddball assumptions too) that they were buying support or longer term guarantees. However the forum is one of the few Thai specific english language forums out there and I have had stuff answered almost immediately.

Like anything, if you start to go into grey channels or outside the legal supply chain then there are usually additional risks and benefits.

If you are thinking about Dream TV (Philippines), how about this more legal approach:

Prep-pay 10 months of service for 8900 pesos (about 6700 baht) and get their best package, including purchase of the box and dish equipment. At 670 baht/month, that is not a bad deal.

http://www.dream.com.ph/press/promo_detail.asp?ID=49

Package details:

http://www.dream.com.ph/wannadream/Dream_E...es.asp?npage=11

I suppose all you need to do is be in the Philippines to buy it (probably with a local address), and then bring the box and LNB back in your case, and you would own them. Leave the dish and buy it here as that would probably be cheap. OK, maybe it's not 100% by the rules since you would be receiving the signal in Thailand.

Of course the obvious question is: why do UBC charge nearly three times as much for their basic entertainment package, and without the equipment?

Edited by bubba

To be fair, I think a little balance is required here. I bought a dish and Dynasat F1 move system from a local installer as I live a considerable distance from Bangkok. I did however buy a Dreambox from Jsat. Recently I have had a problem with a new model Australian Network smartcard inserted in the Dreambox not working. This system is completely legal in Thailand and Australian Network (AN) supplied the smartcard. This really has nothing do to do with Jsat but as I could not get any response from AN, I contacted them for advice. In the space of a few days, they have contacted AN and then written new code for the box so the new smartcard will work.

This experience indicates to me that Jsat has above average after sales service. They have disassociated themselves quite publicly from the Dream TV network for some years so I don't see how that can be blamed for any user difficulties in updating illegal codes.

Wow, lots of technical stuff which passes like Concorde over my head. But, I would pose the question as to what's the best alternative to the excellent "Dream" service.

I'm informed, by a splendid piece of "soap' that Dynasat boxes will be u.s. by the end of the month. Whilst it was great getting a freebe I'm happy to pay a monthly fee for an equal substitute. Any suggestions? We're 30 km. SE of Chang Khong. All reports of "True / UBC" seem bad. Would the Phillipino company not be prepared to do business with a Thai account?

pip pip

I used UBC for about 5 years. I decided to take a chance with a Dynasat F=1 and DM500 dream box. I figured about 15 months is what the the sweat is to equal the price of UBC. It is basically the same programming, which is pretty horrid. It usually works about 95% of the time. I was looking for different programming, but found the same shit. If you are flexible it is ok, if you want reliability, pay the money to ubc.

I used UBC for about 5 years. I decided to take a chance with a Dynasat F=1 and DM500 dream box. I figured about 15 months is what the the sweat is to equal the price of UBC. It is basically the same programming, which is pretty horrid. It usually works about 95% of the time. I was looking for different programming, but found the same shit. If you are flexible it is ok, if you want reliability, pay the money to ubc.

looks like UBC it is then

pip pip