Beware ToT 'Upgades'

Pilotman

Had a ToT fitted aerial to give me internet connection since I moved into the house.  No problem with internet speeds.  We could run Netflix on 2 devices simultaneously, no issues at all, bar the odd down time,  cost was 495 a month.  They came around 2 months ago and fitted fibre optic, we had no choice, it was that or nothing, cost went up to 780 per month.  Since then.  internet connection has been noticeably slower.  It drops out  with monotonous regularity and has to be reset by ToT, not on a weekend of course.  So that worked out well!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

I have had TOT fibre for a couple of years now never a problem.

Guess it depends where you live. Get the engineers to check, could be a sloppy connection somewhere. 

Yep. TOT has been getting more and more reliable here over the years, there are still sometimes a few hours disconnections, more often in the rainy season.

When the connection drops, i just keep pestering the poor office lady on the phone, sometimes we have a laugh.

We've been on TOT Fiber2u for about 3 years, there have been a handful of outages, but 99% of the time I get what I paid for. I have no complaints with TOT, never have done, even when it was adsl and before that dial-up.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I figure it's the best ISP connection for the area where I live...

I think that's the key, it all very much depends on where you live; the quality of your local infrastructure, and the load that infrastructure has to carry.

• Like 1