Never ceases to amaze me "customer service/quality"

kannot

So my lovely Wife scratched  the alternator  cover on my Honda Cbr 650f so I went to Big Wing  Hua  Hin to order a new cover, good  thing about parts  prices for made in Thailand bikes is they are dirt cheap.

Part arrived two days later, they didnt  let me know despite  telling me they would, I took it  in this  morning to let them fit it as you have to remove all the lower fairings and the sides and whilst they were at it I said change the air  filter +  Oil and filter, it hasnt done many km in the last year as Ive been busy, probably 2000 max it s a 2015 model only done 6000km. Normally do all this myself but as it was with them and convenient on the spur of the moment  i said do it.........hmmmmmm

I stood  close by watching them as my trust here is zero, I got shooed  away by "Mr Big supervisor" them  claiming "safety"  issues pointing to a "no one allowed"sign so  went up to their canteen ....closed, no sign of anyone...opened their fridge no drinks  inside but coffee  machine covered over, place  looks  like its  never used..it was 10am had to walk down the road to buy a drink...........great!

Anyway about  1.15 mins later they said  done, they didnt  offer  me  the old Alternator  cover back, had to ask, then drove home.

Got  home found lower  fairing not fitted  correctly hadnt  put the spacer  washer in the right way round by the alt  cover so although done up tight the cover flapped  about  some 6-7mm, removed and stuck the stepped  washer the correct way round

Then  noticed the top  inner  black fairing (mock ram air) also  not fitted  correctly, clips  not in the holes (3) at  all and the allen  bolt  holding it  all together  although done up you could  get your  finger nail under it as they hadnt inserted the black fairing which acts as a  washer and thus   pulls  the gap up tight............... dismantled side  fairing an did correctly

Decided best to go round the lot, found 4  allen screws loose as  well on other parts of the fairing.

As usual the "supervisor" man  was there at the end  to check everything was done correctly with a  clip board.............pure  show as clearly  nothing actually  checked....just "going thru the motions"

Just checked the oil filter and found  oil on the bottom so will have to check its  actually  been "done up" tight enough

So there, judge for yourself  Big Wing Honda  Hua Hin

Honda should be so proud

47 minutes ago, kannot said:

So there, judge for yourself  Big Wing Honda  Hua Hin

Honda should be so proud.

There only spanners not engineers and not taught to be meticulous.

You should of picked up cover plate and fitted yourself. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

There only spanners not engineers and not taught to be meticulous.

You should of picked up cover plate and fitted yourself. 

I doubt they actually know how to use a  spanner...............of course beating them over the head with it would be  the best use but this is a big showroom and to be honest, it was  crap, its  not exactly hard to do but I did enjoy the  "inspection" by the supervisor...............kin comical

Archived