Can I Buy Phentermine In Thailand?

DegenFarang

Wikipedia says:

"Phentermine is still available by itself in most countries, including the U.S. However, because it is an amphetamine, individuals may develop an addiction to it. Hence, it is classified as a controlled substance in many countries. Internationally, phentermine is a schedule IV drug under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.[1] In the United States, it is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act."

Couldn't find anything via a Google search. Anybody know for sure that this can or cannot be purchased in Thailand?

What if I were to buy it in another country, would I get into trouble for bringing it back on the plane with me?

I had a doctor in the U.S. prescribe that to me.

Holy bejeezus that stuff is like super strong speed.

Sure, your not hungry, but whacked out on speed, paranoid, nervous, sweaty, sleepless etc.

I would not recommend it for anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Scary stuff.

Eat less and exercise.

As Fred said - its an amphetamine - horrible stuff - but it's in the 2005 TIMS book (the Thai equivilant of MIMS) which make me wonder if its banned - though I am not sure if TIMS makes any distinction between banned/unbanned drugs (or generics for that matter).

MF

Many women in Thailand take amphetamine slimming drugs. They are easily bought in markets or pharmacies. I doubt they are legal.

My friend's ex-girlfriend from Roi Et recently had a heart attack and died at the age of 34 after taking them for 2 weeks prior to the arrival of her Swiss boyfriend.

I wouldn't bother with them if I were you.