New rules for the extension of the retirement visa and use of verification of income from Embassy

I allow myself to and ask Ubonjoe if he thinks we who come from countries that still have embassies confirming pension income will "escape" other financial demands / documentation for future applications for visa extension or if for be sure we also should place 800K in a Thai Bank .The question comes on the basis of the new retirement extension regulation and that I personally have the opportunity to place savings here but hesitate to do so if not absolutely necessary.

Thanks & Regards

Felt

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can still get income proof from your embassy it will be accepted by immigration. No changes at all for you.

There is no requirement to to put 800k baht in a bank if you can prove 65k baht of monthly income.

Thanks, only have to hope Immigration practise what they preach. ????

Here's one for Ubon Joe. You seem very well up to date.

I need some clarification. Because of the poor exchange rate for the CDN $ my monthly pension only amounts to 56,000 baht as opposed to the required 65,000 baht.

I will arrange to have it wired to my KBank account.

I have a couple hundred thousand baht in the same bank. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable to an IO as a top up? It was accepted last year when my 800k was light at Jomtien. Options? 

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

I have a couple hundred thousand baht in the same bank. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable to an IO as a top up? It was accepted last year when my 800k was light at Jomtien. Options? 

If you mean the 200k baht in the bank combined with your income it should be accepted as part or or all of the money in the bank.

I think I have read so much of these threads that Ive possibly confused myself. Sorry.

Im in a hotel that has no English TV,  isolated out in sticks, no bars near, and wifi not good enough for things like U tube.  I think Im on ThiaVisa overload. ????????????????????????????????.

Those of us from the 4 countries whose embassys are not doing income letters have to proove 65k every month comimg in from abroad. (In many many cases bleeping impossible .....)

ALL others just have to proove 65k income in their own countries (that wont neccessarily come anywhere near Thailand) as before.

Is that right ?

Edited by PAWNEESE

7 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

I think I have read so much of these threads that Ive possibly confused myself. Sorry.

Im in a hotel that has no English TV,  isolated out in sticks, no bars near, and wifi not good enough for things like U tube.  I think Im on ThiaVisa overload. ????????????????????????????????.

Those of us from the 4 countries whose embassys are not doing income letters have to proove 65k every month comimg in from abroad. (In many many cases bleeping impossible .....)

ALL others just have to proove 65k income in their own countries (that wont neccessarily come anywhere near Thailand) as before.

Is that right ?

Seems so.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, Felt 35 said:

Thanks, only have to hope Immigration practise what they preach. ????

In each of the past 10-yrs, I have gotten US Embassy affirmation of income. Soon I'll need to head to Chaeng Wattana for a new "O" visa extension. I have 3 different US government agencies transferring my money into my Bangkok Bank account. (Well exceeding 65k/mo) I have not seen here what exactly I must bring to IO as proof of my income. A letter from BKK Bank attesting to my deposits? Bank account passbook???

In advance, thanks for helping.

Edited by bill1369

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, PAWNEESE said:

Is that right ?

I hope Ubonjoe will be spot on with his reply to me as OP.......but I'm worried that when the day comes for renewal, Immigration have something up their sleeve for us who still can get income letters ????

i am confused.  have been using the 800k for retirement, now wondering about the 65k monthly.  (am from one of the gang of four)  apologize if this has been answered in the 200+ page threads...

embassies had been issuing income affidavits, affirming....income.  if using the income method without embassy affidavit, it is enough to simply have 65k brought into thailand from a foreign source, or is there some official document from a pension required.  that would prove income, but then would open up to taxation bringing in cash earned this year.

any guidance on whether unearned income from investments is considered income for extension purposes?  will cash from savings brought in to thailand be acceptable?  there must be a reason for requiring an INCOME affidavit rather than just confirmation of available funds on deposit.