Connect 4 - stupid question

remorhaz

59 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

I don't live in Thailand (pity) but I had heard that the game of Connect 4 is now banned in bars in the kingdom?  Can anyone confirm this or at least tell me I'm an idiot for falling for a prior April fools day joke.

Yes!! In some places. Along with pool, chess, darts, and all the other gambling games.

A Thai police initiative some time back.

pp: And bridge. Someone did time for playing.

17 hours ago, remorhaz said:

Can anyone confirm this

I don't know if it presently is banned, but no doubt if it's not, Thailand's finest will decide that it should be. The authorities appear to be on a mission to stamp out everything sanuk in LOS.

We'll have to change LOS to LOOUATS- land of once upon a time smiles.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know if it presently is banned, but no doubt if it's not, Thailand's finest will decide that it should be. The authorities appear to be on a mission to stamp out everything sanuk in LOS.

We'll have to change LOS to LOOUATS- land of once upon a time smiles.

Do go-go bar Connect 4  players enjoy playing connect 4 or do they play it because theres nothing else to do?

When I was 14 my first job was as a camp counselor and we had to play connect 4 for hours a day with the handicapped kids or when it was raining.  As a result I got to the point where if I went first I literally couldn't lose - later on someone at a University actually mathematically proved such.  Back when I lived in the LOS I used to challenge the bar girls with lopsided bets - i pay 100 baht if I lose vs. they pay me 10 if I win... and i'd win.  After 2 games or so the mama san would show up to put the stupid farang in his place and I would up the bet to my tab vs. 4000 baht or so... and I'd win.  This only worked once per bar but I was able to drink for free quite a few nights.  Bad falang I know but it worked for a poor traveler.

Archived