Tucom

NanLaew

can any of the pattaya tv regulars into PC refurbs/newbuilds recommend any particular store inside Tucom for PC parts? i plan on building something cheap but decent as a backup at the house while my laptop travels with me. i have bought odds & sods and peripherals there but maybe some shops are better than others for motherboards, CPU, RAM and the like?

i didn't see any references in the IT oriented forum so redirect me if i am missing something.

many thanks in advance

can any of the pattaya tv regulars into PC refurbs/newbuilds recommend any particular store inside Tucom for PC parts? i plan on building something cheap but decent as a backup at the house while my laptop travels with me. i have bought odds & sods and peripherals there but maybe some shops are better than others for motherboards, CPU, RAM and the like?

i didn't see any references in the IT oriented forum so redirect me if i am missing something.

many thanks in advance

IP shop on the 3rd floor , Goh is the guys name - tall skinny kid with an attempt at a goatee on his chin.

He speaks good English and is honest to deal with.

His phone # 08-8683 57165 ( if that is OK with the Mods posting a phone number).

many thanks in advance

IP shop on the 3rd floor , Goh is the guys name - tall skinny kid with an attempt at a goatee on his chin.

His phone # 08-8683 57165 ( if that is OK with the Mods posting a phone number).

thanks jimmy, i will check it out when i get back in town. what are Thai prices like generally for a mobo, CPU & RAM? i have the option of getting that hardware in the US and my buddy bringing it over next month and just getting case, p/s and peripherals locally. i have brand loyalty with Asus mobo's. planning on a socket 939 and AMD Athlon 64bit 4000+ 2.4Ghz with 2Gb of RAM. is that available at IP shop?

Cheaper to get your pieces here.

Best shops are on 3rd floor, Hardware House, on your right just as you come off the escalator, the one just to the right of it and the one right down in the right (north-west) corner. The rest of the shops are IMO either rude, overpriced or unqualified - sometimes all.

Don't be scared shopping around, there are sometimes big differences in the prices from each shop.

You can get all mainstream stuff here and most shops have ASUS MB's and AMD CPU's. I don't know todays price off the top of my head but an ASUS MB is typically 3-4,000 baht and about the same for an AMD CPU.

Edited by Phil Conners

many thanks in advance

This might be the same place......."Pattaya2u". Leave the escalator turning right and then immediately left to the end at the very corner of the floor (about 1 o'clock in a general direction from the top of the escalator). The two partners speak excellent English, are very knowledgeable, have a good stock of everything at reasonable prices.

I think pataya2u is farang owned, I often see a farang behind the counter there. Very friendly and they always offer you a drink while you're browsing ... but their prices are also considerably higher than any other shop on that floor. As I said before, shop around :o

I think pataya2u is farang owned, I often see a farang behind the counter there. Very friendly and they always offer you a drink while you're browsing ... but their prices are also considerably higher than any other shop on that floor. As I said before, shop around :o

You could be right Phil about the farang ownership. They are very friendly and hospitable and they honour their guarantee policy. I've never found their prices any higher though... but I guess it depends what your looking for. I bought a 'low-end' computer for my daughter there and, later, I bought a USB hub ...both of which were sold to me at the best prices that I could find. But, as you say, it pays to shop around. There are plenty of outlets to choose from in TukCom.

Phil , may I be sold bold to correct your quote ?

The original reads:

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

--- Benjamin Franklin

My policy is to go to the shop with the best-looking girls.

May not get the spare parts that I want, but there are always other possibilities.

yeah Mr Bear... and how many cellphones do you have now?

Five - ha ha ha ha :D

Lots of Katoeys on the second floor, "they drive a hard bargain" :o

• 2 years later...

Pattay2U.com is primarily a repair center. They do desktop and laptop repairs and when I have had something serviced by them and needed parts they would send someone to one of the other shops to get it and I would end up paying the mark up

The reason you see Farangs hanging around there is because they will usually service your PC while you wait, and they are friendly and more importantly patient

As has already been said, know what you want and shop around

Try this online Thai retailer to get an idea of what you should be paying

http://www.thanni.com/index.php?main_page=...amp;language=en

Pattaya 2 u are good windows 7 for 4.5 cheapest i have seen and free install

I assume that is an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium?

IT City (is that the name of the big store on the 5th floor?) has the "Southeast Asian version" of Windows 7 Home Premium for about the same price. i.e. A *full* version, not OEM, although it's only for sale (use?) in Southeast Asia.

It's an almost 3 year old discussion getting hijacked by a OT question.
Is the Starbucks coffee shop for sale in Tucom?

Why didn't you start a new thread?

Saves space and bandwidth unless I am having to respond to questions like this

By being to lazy to start a new thread and instead waste everybody's time posting off-topic... :)

I have a lot of experience buying computer parts at Tukcom. The shop JIB generally has the best prices. Their website is www.jib.co.th and they have many shops all over Thailand. It's in the northwest corner of the 3rd flood.

Edited by Jimmyd

All shops have their own specialties:

HWH (Hardware House I think, only sais HWH on my bills...): good for parts like memory, video cards, coolers, ATX, cases, harddisks and monitors

J.I.B.: Mainboards, memory and CPU

IPshop: Routers

Edited by Crypt36