Heads up re Lazada

evadgib

I didn't really want to start a new thread but I can't find an existing one:-

I have been waiting 3 wks for a wrist-type blood pressure device from China to compliment a bigger/more cumbersome one at home. Upon logging in today I see that it's been Cancelled. When I complained via their website they gave me some old flannel about 'Prohibited item', blamed customs & suggested I try again via another shop. My reply understandably was 'How will a 2nd shop overcome customs?'

My conclusion in the end was that they're out of stock but lied rather than admit it (face).

Frustrating to say the least.

I hope this proves useful to anyone thinking of doing same.

image.jpeg.f01cd28b99f4feb1ad0419973036b4aa.jpeg

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Do you use Lazada website on your computer or the app on your phone?  I tried ordering stuff from Chinese sellers & they kept getting cancelled.  Then, one day I logged on, thru the app on my phone & there were messages from the sellers asking me to confirm my address.  Never via my computer!

I got the same thing.  I ordered a shaver 5 times and all cancelled.  I complained and they gave me a 200 baht coupon.  Now I've been waiting for 2 weeks for an item that says Kerry has already picked it up.  What is Kerry doing with my eartips for 2 weeks?

They have really gone downhill since the China takeover.  And I really liked them before. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Do you use Lazada website on your computer or the app on your phone?  I tried ordering stuff from Chinese sellers & they kept getting cancelled.  Then, one day I logged on, thru the app on my phone & there were messages from the sellers asking me to confirm my address.  Never via my computer!

I do have the app on my phone but where possible I use a desktop for this sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They have really gone downhill since the China takeover.  And I really liked them before. 

Weren't they always "owned" by Alibaba?

I agree to use cash on delivery for the overseas vendors.

Had good success overall.

18 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

I usually add stuff to the cart on my computer, then switch to the phone app to checkout (take advantage of app-only vouchers, etc).

But you can also check your chat messages via the desktop browser also.  But you must be logged in.

6 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Weren't they always "owned" by Alibaba?

I agree to use cash on delivery for the overseas vendors.

Had good success overall.

I usually add stuff to the cart on my computer, then switch to the phone app to checkout (take advantage of app-only vouchers, etc).

But you can also check your chat messages via the desktop browser also.  But you must be logged in.

I never noticed these messages on my computer.  Never had this happen with orders within Thailand.

11 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The thing you tried to order is a medical device, customs here are really anal about importing them, needs a license etc. and the import duty can easily double the price

Lazada should therefore not have accepted an order to an address in the kingdom.

• Like 2

have a look at this- its a fitbit copy. you will pay b65 on top for P&P but you get two for the price of one so its a bargain. Although its a step counter it also does BP and heart rate. Will take a couple of days to come from Bkk. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i273712116-s433565239.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

I have  had a number of orders come up as 'prohibited' and cancelled after a couple of weeks- i negate this by just ticking the local filter when looking for things.

That's why I withstand the temptation to order shipment from overseas/China however cheap it might look.

And for such a trivial thing even more I would stick to domestic (Thailand) shipment or walk into a shop/pharmacy.

Over the years multiple orders at Lazada with zero problems.

Always paid in advance (but all were under 10000 Baht).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I got the same thing.  I ordered a shaver 5 times and all cancelled.  I complained and they gave me a 200 baht coupon.  Now I've been waiting for 2 weeks for an item that says Kerry has already picked it up.  What is Kerry doing with my eartips for 2 weeks?

Use the filter... That only shows products from Bangkok

Be happy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christophers200 said:

I have used Lazada often and have experienced no problems. Use the Cash-on-Delivery service.

Great suggestion! I will start doing the same. Lazada does seem a bit shady sometimes but overall for me, 95% okay. I say that because of products so maybe I should direct it at the seller.

I have had items cancelled in the same way as you have - It usually stems from them being found out and reported as fakes or they simply do not have what you ordered in the first place. If I was you however, I would make a bit of a stink. On two occasions that I recall items being cancelled by Lazada, they gave me a 200 Baht and a 500 Baht voucher. On another occasion they sent me the totally wrong item (phone battery - but not the one I ordered or one that would fit my old phone) They just told me to keep the item and then they refunded 350 Baht into my wallet and gave me 30 Baht with a "Sorry" message.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bournville said:

Use the filter... That only shows products from Bangkok

Be happy

Not 100% true. 

It shows that the vendor is a local entity.  But some of them have jumped on the drop-shipping bandwagon and have the product drop-shipped directly from China.  Of approximately 100(+) orders from Lazada, I had that happen twice.  The vendor was from Samut Prakan (sp?), but the product came directly from China.

Absolutely garbage.

Ordered twice from them since New Year, both items accepted the order and took the money. About a week or so after got an email saying they were out of stock and the money will be refunded within 14 days. 

Worlds apart from Amazon.