Where Is You Thai Kids Father?

Begbie

I think it takes courage and determination to be a step parent. However the satisfaction from helping a child mature into a healthy productive member of society is worth it. Many of these kids would have little chance for a bright future in Thai society, I truly respect people who raise step children.

Very well said.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girls hubby ( i thought ex) live on sukhumvitt 73, he doed squat for the kid (who is lovely). How ever as I thought he was dead ( not to mention divorced from her) an extremly big row will ensure in 30 mins when she gets home. If you experience connection problems at this time I am sorry.

I guess the major problem I have with the OP is that implication that some how Thailand has a culture that condones fathers, or even both parents, in abandoning their children and it is worse than any where else in the world. Even in western countries, where child support laws are getting more and more strongly enforces, there is huge problem with this issue.

The added problem that I see, is many of the negative posters here are primarily exposed to a class of people in Thailand to which they are not in there home country due their associations with the farang night life. I think if they frequented known drug and prostitution areas in their own country and got involved with people there, they would see the same thing. I know that in the inner cities of the US, the problems described here as typical Thai male behavior is endemic within certain ethnic groups.

You don't suppose this is an economic problem do you?

TH

Stan Boardman?

mind you if it was him i guess you would have described him as a Focker

Bingo sir! I told you I knew him when he had nowt. He was an ignorant brickie then (no offence to the nice brickies of the world, may you go on laying for ever) and hasn't changed for the better. And as a comedian, he should have kept his day job. Why is he a git? He ran out on his girl when he found she was pregnant. I married her later, for my sins, and when she cracked up I adopted the daughter. No regrets, she's a nice kid, but that <deleted> could have helped a little when I had to bring her up alone. Never even sent her a card or visited once and M/Cs not a world away from Liverpool. Git!

So what about Andrea, has she met your daughter?

Who knows, A? SB and I shared digs for a while, when we both had nowt, that's how I met my ex. I might speculate she knows about her but it's all a mystery to me and, as one OP suggested, probably an embarrassment now. Even her own mother has no contact nowadays. I gave up long ago trying to unravel it all and rearing a child took up a lot of time, not that I begrudged it. I regret a little having let the whole can of worms get into my head again. My daughter's now grown up, a credit to me and happily married; I seldom see her nowadays anyway, but with the best will in the world I'll never understand or forgive a parent who can just walk away - which is basically a part of what this thread is about, I think. Anyway, I feel as if I might have hijacked the thread as my daughter is not Thai but if Goldenmile wants to talk about entertainers/comedians on the M/C scene - feel free to PM me or start a thread, I have many anecdotes on this subject.

My wife was childless and never married when I met her fresh out of Uni. Of course I've remedied that situation. :-)

Interestingly enough, in her immediate family and around the village, all dads seem to be present and accounted for although some work in BKK and send money back. I guess it has something to do with what role models people have growing up as to whether or not they'll abandon their kids.

My gf hasn't been married nor had kids but I like to get her Thai opinion on these subjects sometimes just to justify my own opinions. It seems it's not only us Farangs that think Thai men are as quick to desert a pregnant girlfriend as they are to run away from the scene of an accident. Add that to the anti-abortion law and you have the situation that Thailand is now in regarding single mums.

I seriously think that the situation will improve in the future with the now widespread use and cheap availability of the pill. Couple this with mobile phones and email and the girls are able to talk more freely and candidly about the subject and learn how to not fall pregnant.

This may have a negative impact on Thailands naughty nightlife industry as, IMO, a lot of the girls are only doing it to support their fatherless babies back home.

The father of my Thai child is dead. He died of pneumonia & organ failure 1 year ago.

He had taken his son from his (son's) mother when he (son) was 6 months old, due to her abusing the child & neglecting him while she was out partying with new boyfriends. As he left with his son in his arms, she attacked him with a piece of wood, not caring if she hit the man or the child.

He then brought his son up, until they eventually both moved in with me. I'm the stepmum. I now look after "my" son.

He loved his son more than anything in this world & it really upsets me to hear a lot of you guys stereotyping Thai men & putting them down all the time. As Boo said, sure there's bad, but there's good, too. Same as farang men, I guess...