rompo market vars

essox essox

It's known for a while and most have moved already or closed down.

E.g. I visited "Don't tell Mama" a couple of times with a friend and in September last year they had already moved to Thappraya rd.

What's going to happen? I don't know.

There was article at one time saying the land is owned by a church group and it would be a church, medical facility or a super Tesco/big C. Jontien is in need of the last two. A sign was posted on the property that said all leases would end by April 1.

A Thai friend I know told me that a Big C is to be built on Jomtien Second Road, but perhaps not in that spot.  With all the new condos that have gone in, and are still being built, there should be enough of a market (little pun) to support a Big C, Tesco, or Foodland in that area.

The market is on a different piece of land and will not close down, ditto the row of 100 Baht hairdressers just up Soi Rompho from it.

I think because the land the bars are on is owned by the Bangkok Christian Hospital people have assumed that a hospital will be built there. In the end I guess it will come down to who wants it the most, the hospital or some condo developer or supermarket.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Will Kiss have to move?

No, like member guderian describes.

It's the plot to the right (looking from 2nd rd) where all the bars are.

Market and Kiss Food on the left belong to another plot.

2 minutes ago, myshem said:

We only need a supermarket there !

So when you get a hart failure or a stroke you like remembering you liked more a Tesco around ….. than  drive in ambulance in a go slow to Pattaya ….:cheesy:

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

The market is on a different piece of land and will not close down, ditto the row of 100 Baht hairdressers just up Soi Rompho from it.

I think because the land the bars are on is owned by the Bangkok Christian Hospital people have assumed that a hospital will be built there. In the end I guess it will come down to who wants it the most, the hospital or some condo developer or supermarket.

That's great news because I love that fruit/veg market. Friendly vendors with good, always consistent quality. Porky's, the nice Italian coffee shop is on that side too. 

42 minutes ago, Henryford said:

There seems to be something happening in front of the "new" Foodland site on Thepprasit. Big metal barriers. Not getting my hopes up but maybe a start.

As far as I know that is now going to be a high-rise condo. I dont think that they usually put up those metal shutters for low-rise supermarket structures. Of course a Foodland could be incorporated in the condo building, or in front of it like the 7/11 in front of Supalai Mare.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I know that is now going to be a high-rise condo. I dont think that they usually put up those metal shutters for low-rise supermarket structures. Of course a Foodland could be incorporated in the condo building, or in front of it like the 7/11 in front of Supalai Mare.

Indeed, another condo.. Several months ago early morning there was a celebration with monks attending, and a big picture was showing a high rise. Seams that they finally got IEA approval..

Archived