income tax info?

Good morning, I would be grateful if anyone could guide me to some good online resources for paying income taxes in Thailand as a US expat.  Generally speaking, the info I am finding online -- including tax forms -- is not for the current tax year and most of it is in Thai.  

Thank you

Consider Turbo Tax...they have all the updated forms...guide you through each step of the process...and restart process at any time...can file taxes electronically...check for errors...and keep a record  of your completed taxes...

Have used them for years...good move on my part from using overpaid accountant. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

There seems to be confusion here. Do you want to know about paying Thailand income taxes or paying U.S. income taxes while living in Thailand? If you are a U.S. citizen, you will need to report both if you have Thailand income.

Yes, I am looking for help with Thailand.  I've got US covered and will use TurboTax for that.  But the procedure for filing in Thailand has been elusive.  There is good advice on legal websites, but when it comes to actually filing, there's not a lot of info in English, nor the current forms.  In the end, I will probably use a service, but I am interested in knowing what the process entails.  Maybe I can save a few hundred dollars and do it myself.  

4 hours ago, cpbkk said:

Yes, I am looking for help with Thailand.  I've got US covered and will use TurboTax for that.  But the procedure for filing in Thailand has been elusive.  There is good advice on legal websites, but when it comes to actually filing, there's not a lot of info in English, nor the current forms.  In the end, I will probably use a service, but I am interested in knowing what the process entails.  Maybe I can save a few hundred dollars and do it myself.  

1. Contact the Thailand Revenue Department (Google is your friend). Most of the website is in Thai, but this link is in English and has lots of information.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/index_eng.html

2. Get yourself a Tax I.D. number (I am sure the website can help you here).

3. E-filing can be done. Website says they have e-filing in English. The Thailand forms are so simple, you do not need to pay anyone. My company does my returns and the person doing it is a 23 yr old secretary. If you need help, call the revenue department. 

Edited by scoutman360
  • Like 1